• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap ram air

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
I just bought the gap ram air to use with the stock air box.
I want test it this season and compare intake temps vs my under the hood cai!! I hope it will work better then then my under the hood cai

Last edited:

What would have been beneficial is if GAP would have provided airflow efficiency results over the stock panzerotti versus CAI direct versus GAP ram panzerotti.... I am not being pessemistic ,but I need results driven by data !!! ;-)

LOL Marc.... hang on to that receipt .....
Cheers

Last edited:
What would have been beneficial is if GAP would have provided airflow efficiency results over the stock panzerotti versus CAI direct versus GAP ram panzerotti.... I am not being pessemistic ,but I need results driven by data !!! ;-)

I spent 2 seasons.with a under hood cai !! Anxious to see how this one compares

Last edited:
I just bought the gap ram air to use with the stock air box.
I.will test it this season!! I hope it will work better then the regular under the hood cai
In the context of CAI, what does better mean (colder air and or more air)? How will you know if it works better? Just curious.

Because they said so, the more you monkey the more you can.

I am talking intake temps comparing to my last cai

I dont think you'll notice much of a difference.

Intake temps are mostly affected by the intercooler and how efficiently it's working. (clear/plugged with snow/bigger etc.)

I think a great comparison would be clutch/belt temps, as that ram air blocks all incoming air meant to cool clutches. JMO...

I dont think you'll notice much of a difference.

Intake temps are mostly affected by the intercooler and how efficiently it's working. (clear/plugged with snow/bigger etc.)

I think a great comparison would be clutch/belt temps, as that ram air blocks all incoming air meant to cool clutches. JMO...
20201202_032645.jpg
20201202_032633.jpg

My clutches are well vented:D

Marc and I obviously have the same disease.
I installed this Gap intake when they first became available last winter. LOL...I can't resist these things.
I also have a full screen kit on my sled that I installed before I ever even rode the sled.
It takes a little bit of attention to ensure it fits properly but once installed it looks like a factory piece.
Does it make any difference? Who knows but probably not. I do know the sled runs very strong in all conditions.
If there is any advantage it should be enhanced by the closed loop software I installed for this season.

gap1.png

gap2.png

Back