• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Garmin 60Cx GPS Going to order tommorow!! Advice

Houghton Lake Michigan(weekends) Detroit area(week
Im ordering my Garmin 60CSx GPS unit in the next few days and was wondering, who has tryed any of the Garmin products out??? I'm anxious to use this while riding this winter. Wondering who has alot of good upper and lower michigan programs!! Any advice or help would be great!!! Cheers!!!

No voice, but they do show points of interest, if you have maps that have points of interest.

You might consider the Legend HCx too. A little smaller screen but a lot less money, and otherwise pretty comparable.

Check out tigerGPS. Just ordered 60CSx for my brother. $359 delivered and a $50 rebate. End price $309.
As for riding with it, I've been using a gps with a ram mount for the last five/six years. Ram mount goes forward off my mountain strap.
And the garmin topo is pretty good for the UP. Covers the majority of logging/fire roads and power/gas lines.

Excellent GPS choice!!

I have the slightly older 60c...I've had it for 2-3 years now and never a problem.

Make sure to get the Topo maps to load on it. The level of detail is incredible....very accurate.

Don't worry about getting the sled trails, as they tend to change from year to year, and would quickly become outdated. Not too often do you need a GPS in order to follow a clearly marked trail.

I use a set of rechargable NiMH batteries and they easily last all day in the cold.

Make sure to get a Ram mount.

054.jpg

Attachments

• IM001607.JPG
    IM001607.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IM001598.JPG
    IM001598.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IM001650.JPG
    IM001650.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 103
are topo maps something that can be shared or just go out and buy? im mainly looking for the up...i just bought the 76csx and love it...appreciate the input

Not sure, think some share, but trust me the vvmapping is great, i actually got a e-mail from the owner for updates today. He's cool to work with, hes sending me a micro card updated already, all i have to do is send the old one back. Good deal huh? The mapping is great, and its cool to zoom in like 800 feet and see urself moving on the trail,and seing the big turns coming even before the signs tell you.

Back