• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Light

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
How much gas is left in the tank when the light first comes on?

I have been trying to figure it out and from what I determine is about 8 litres

I went about 50km and it did not run out. That is from the flashing on empty and the warning light on.

Would like to know as well. went for a ride with another viper his gas light can on when we got back and the sled took 32 liter. it suppose to have a 37 liter tank, so that would leave you 5 liters if this tank could only take 37 liters.

Not sure where I read about this on the forum but when u fill your sled up with gas, fill it to the neck then push down on the rear bumper and hold it down for a few seconds, you will see the gas burping. Then you can get prolly what seems like another gallon in it. Try it, I think youll be impressed.

if u burp it you can put a 3-4 litres in I find when filling up

Last edited:
I did this test last weekend to determine how far I could go on a tank. The gas light came on at 130 miles and I ran out of gas at 155 miles. I have a 14 viper Ltx with croc and 8 nd belt. I know snow conditions and how u ride changes things but it will give u an idea how far u can go.

I did this test last weekend to determine how far I could go on a tank. The gas light came on at 130 miles and I ran out of gas at 155 miles. I have a 14 viper Ltx with croc and 8 nd belt. I know snow conditions and how u ride changes things but it will give u an idea how far u can go.
that's what I figured as well I had about 8 litres so I was probably close and as u mentioned snow conditions and driving

Last edited:
Not sure where I read about this on the forum but when u fill your sled up with gas, fill it to the neck then push down on the rear bumper and hold it down for a few seconds, you will see the gas burping. Then you can get prolly what seems like another gallon in it. Try it, I think youll be impressed.
Yes I do that every time. I had a Polaris at one time that said the tank was 11.1 gal. I ran it almost dry and managed to get 11.5 gals in it so almost an extra half gallon.

Back