• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas line antifreeze treatment...now what?

RedFisher

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX Warrior
2010 Apex LTX GT
We just had our first winter cold snap (-30C), and my new-to-me 2004 RX Warrior would not start. It Wouldn't even fire. I siphoned out (most of) the gas, poured in new gas, added a small bottle of gas line antifreeze (not methanol) and left it overnight. Today, it fired right up. So...now what do I do? Did I fix whatever the problem was? ...or is there a frozen water ice cube in a gas line, in my gas tank, or somewhere else, that will eventually cause future problems?

Last edited:

how old was the gas in the tank? I use sea foam for my sled and boats..lawn mower for that fact too, great stuff. when you store the sled be sure the tank is full of fuel, it helps prevent condensation in the tank. Joe

sounds like the gas was too old for the temps or had a bit of moisture in it. those sleds love 87 when running all the time. for the first and last few tanks of gas, running seafoam and 91 is a good thing as it helps get rid of stale gas issues.

better still would have been completely emptying the gas tank and lines. I had 80 gallons of old gas in a boat I bought...not easy to get rid of and would not think of running it through the engine. Joe

Back