• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Mileage

jcnhwildcat

Just wondering what all the new or recently new Grizzly owners (of new machines, not used) are getting for initial gas mileage? I took delivery of my new '05 on the 16th of this month with a full tank of gas, only put a few miles on it until this past weekend when I dragged it up to my camp in Maine. By the time I had put the first 20 miles on the new beast it had already consumed 1/2 the tank! Is this normal? Yeah, I was using the 4X4 a bit and varying the speed, per break-in instructions. After this, it went about 30 miles before consuming another 1/2 tank. I know it depends on the type of riding I will do and using 4X4, etc., but can I expect the mileage to continue to improve? Where will it plateau around? Thanks!

ps. the thing is a total BEAST, love it!

Just out of curiousity, are you consuming 1/2 tank indicated on the gauge or 1/2 tank for real? Total capacity for an '05 Grizzly is 5.28 gallons.

One of my machines shows faster fuel consumption on the gauge but they both consume about the same actual.

To answer directly, that does seem a bit thirsty but the consumption will vary depening on what you're doing.

hope this helps.

1/2 tank by the on-screen gauge. But it did take more than 1/2 of a full 5 gallon gas can I had filled for the purpose of refilling the tank the first time, and the remainder at the next fill up (after the next 30 miles). The weather may have also been a factor, it was very cold and wet up in Maine this past weekend, 30's and 40's for most of the weekend.

Like SledderSteve said, the gauge will make you think that there is not a lot of fuel in there. My 04 Grizzly seems that way. I think the gauge could be a little more accurate, but I'll take the digital gauge over a manual gauge.

ya when my grizzly's gas gauge starts to blink it seems like i still have a lot left in the tank when i look inside ... i get apprx 35to 45 miles per half a tank

I don't like fuel gauge on the grizz...they should have 8 bars rather than 4 allowing more accurate reading

I agree, they need more bars, went for a ride yesterday and i was down to the last bar and thought oh oh! Checked inside tank and it looked about half full? They are not very accurate to say the least!!........Irv

If you work the Grizz it will consume some gas, no dout but If you trail ride the beast it really does fairly well....

Yeah, I've noticed with my new Grizz that once it passed the 10 hour mark, the mileage improved, no doubt due to break in. I've almost put 100 miles on the machine so far and the last 50 or so have burned very little gas, tank never dropped below 1/2. Of course, I do mostly trail riding, very little 4X4 or low gear use so that probably makes a difference.

yup i went ridin wit a couple of friends this weekend and i got a bout 25 mpg ... is this about right???

Allot of my trail riding is mixed about half low range and the other half high range, with this I get about 35 to 40 miles before I have to hit reserve.

I did a 63 mile ride today (according to my tripmeter, but I'm on 27" ITP 589's) and I used 4.75 gallons. I had to switch to reserve for the last 5 miles back to the truck. Works out to 13mpg.

I have filled mine (06) several times at the gas station just to get an accurate mileage reading. With easy trail riding and the quad all stock I got 21mpg several times in a row. I added a LRD pipe and with listening to the pipe and trying out the new found power the mileage stayed about the same 20mpg. I will get some 27" Dirt Devils put on this week and I am curious to see what will happen then.

My grizz is a gas guzzlery comparied to my warrior,I can go 2 days on a tank of gas on my warrior,1 day on the grizz,don't trust the grizzly's gas gauge it is off.my grizz gets 13 mpg.

Back