• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas or electric golf cart?

03RX1-ER-LE

Bleed BLUE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX 12,497 miles
2009 Apex ER 8,169 miles

2016 Sport Haven 12 foot Hybrid trailer

Tow Vehicle
2022 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 2.7L EcoBoost

2021 Wolverine X4
Looking to buy a golf cart and man there is a lot of people selling them, and all holding the price up there on them.
My dilemma is gas or electric?
So looking for feedback from other owners, also are the Yamaha ones built with world class Yamaha reliability? Or does not matter who makes them.
Thanks for any feedback.

I'm currently looking at electric as some of the camp grounds we go to only allow electric. I will be following this thread as well. Also looking for feedback like you.

I'm currently looking at electric as some of the camp grounds we go to only allow electric. I will be following this thread as well. Also looking for feedback like you.
Did not know that some camp grounds don't allow gas, was leaning towards gas. Guess need to do research and see how widespread that is. My plan is to take with us in a few years when I retire, and do a cross country RV tour.

I don’t use mine in camp grounds but we have a gas club car precedent. Lift kit, light kit, rims, 4th seat ect. It’s are primary summer car at the cabin and love it. Full tank of gas lasts half a summer and we use it all the time. Usuall maintenence with no issues. Looked at electric but cost of replacement batteries was a big reason went with gas.

Great to read, I hope to do this soon am also weighing gas v Electric keep the inf coming.

Here’s the best pics I got on my phone. You can get as crazy as you want with these. It can be as addictive as modding sleds. I belong to a forum “buggies gone wild” (not as cool as this place by far) that will answer a ton for you. All the mods, maintenance ect. How to do big bores, machine clutches for better hill climbing after lift kit, stereos ect.. I’ve done a lot of them and they had all the info.

Attachments

• 6B98E80F-8907-40B5-8DE4-94D8C947D17B.jpeg
    6B98E80F-8907-40B5-8DE4-94D8C947D17B.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 8A0F90BA-7250-4AE5-8CD2-8734336B0549.jpeg
    8A0F90BA-7250-4AE5-8CD2-8734336B0549.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 86
  • E77D0626-4377-47F7-AEC3-533A09BAD4C7.jpeg
    E77D0626-4377-47F7-AEC3-533A09BAD4C7.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 85
Well so far I have decided on a gas Yamaha, and want one fully stock to do my own upgrades. Found a slew of 2013 Yamaha G29 gas for $3200 I will install a full light kit with blinkers, Custom rims and a rear flip seat. I am not going to do a lift,
A. No need to using the rims I have chosen and would make even tipper.
B. Wont fit in my enclosed trailer without removing roof.
C. Mostly on street and sure not going over anything to tear it up.
Hoping to pick it up Saturday after getting sleds in storage since the season is done for me.
2013 Yamaha G29.jpg Cart Rims tires.jpg :yam:

So an interesting find today, EZ-GO is owned by Textron, which now owns our YamaCat sleds.

Last edited:
Did not know that some camp grounds don't allow gas, was leaning towards gas. Guess need to do research and see how widespread that is. My plan is to take with us in a few years when I retire, and do a cross country RV tour.
That is the only reason I'm looking at electric. As far as batteries I can get them at cost not to worried about that. There are lots of carts being listed just a matter of time before I find the one that's for me.

Back