• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauge Pod Getting Torn Off Sled When Rolled

tkuss

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I am curious as to know if anybody has had any problems or has seen any problems with people getting there gauge pod torn off the sled when rolled. I am just kind of thinking that even though the pod is mounted in a high vulnerable area, it doesn't seem like I have heard any complaints or problems at all about it getting torn off. Although this year I will still probably be adding the skinz relocation bracket for extra insurance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Haven't had troubles yet with it bending. But could have foreseen it happening, so I first flipped my stock pod bracket and gave it a little bend up and it worked perfect. Saved $30 bucks and you don't see it. If you do order it though, the people at www.sledsolutions.com are really good to work with, IMO.

ebca7d7c.jpg

Since then I went with the "Jimmy Blaze" setup and mounted it to my headlight cover. I switched risers, so this was the best way to mount it.

8254b433.jpg

b6c1dfde.jpg

(The cover is just resting on the sled right now, that's why it looks crooked)

Hope it helps,

T

I made a new bracket that mounted it above the gas cap. I will try to add a pic.

Attachments

• 100_1947.jpg
    100_1947.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 103
Ooh, I should probably mention that I don't run a windshield, so I'm not sure if relocating lower on the riser block would interfere with the windshield. Something to consider...

Looks like Zook has a fix for that though.

t

I rolled my sled once last year. Only thing that happened was that the bracket got bent.
Just pulled it back into position with my hands and all was fine.

I have a pic of the back of it also if someone wants it. I couldn't get to to load up.

last winter I rolled my sled and ripped that poor gauge right off, sled wouldn't start with out it, so for that reason I am now also running the "jimmy Blaze" set up. Works very well if you plan on jumpin your sled

"jimmy blaze" setup for the win! i 5 also have it there. wish it was tilted a little more but i guess i dont spend much time looking at it anyway.

drrrd420 said:
last winter I rolled my sled and ripped that poor gauge right off, sled wouldn't start with out it, so for that reason I am now also running the "jimmy Blaze" set up. Works very well if you plan on jumpin your sled
How much did a new one cost you?

Back