• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauge problems

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
My gauge is very slow reacting and is giving me problems especially when cold When I switch over to the large RPMs on the left side it almost looks like double numbers. My sled is now tuned via flasher but no cluster flash. If my dealer replaces the gauge do I need a new tune from TD or is it just plug and play?

I believe you should be plug and play if your dealer only swaps out the cluster. You shouldn't need a new tune. Regular TD flash just flashes the engine ECU and doesn't affect the cluster.

Mine new srx does the same thing very lazy cold.not sure if its normal or not

could be the main relay in the fuse box. sometimes my gauges wont even come on. sometimes they come on but cranks and wont start which is the fuel relay. take them in and warm them up and good to go if that is the issue. happened to me last week in Quebec when I threw sd-26 code which turned out to be lots of water in my intake after stuffing it in a ditch and cutting 16 inches of fresh powder on trail. got it inside and dried out. next morning got sd-43 trying to start it and it just cranked. took the main and fuel relays inside to warm up and vroom, started right up. LOTS of discussions on here about relays not liking cold and moisture. barn of parts sells epoxy sealed relays. may not be your issue but a simple, free solution. also, my guage numbers looked funny, overlaid when this was happening, similar to yours.

Last edited:
I believe you should be plug and play if your dealer only swaps out the cluster. You shouldn't need a new tune. Regular TD flash just flashes the engine ECU and doesn't affect the cluster.
The tune changes the hour meter by making it a boost gauge. I wonder if this is done through the gauge or the Ecu?

The tune changes the hour meter by making it a boost gauge. I wonder if this is done through the gauge or the Ecu?

I’d say ECU. Do you have the GAP Flasher? Worst case reflash the ECU after you replace the cluster. The flash itself only takes 48 seconds. I would think Mike at TD could answer this pretty quickly though!

I’d say ECU. Do you have the GAP Flasher? Worst case reflash the ECU after you replace the cluster. The flash itself only takes 48 seconds. I would think Mike at TD could answer this pretty quickly though!
Yes I have the flasher. I will call TD and get an answer. Thanks.

Back