• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauges to go with turbo kit

clutch

Expert
What gauges should I get to go with my MC Xpress kit. I see everyone has a boost gauge so thats a given. I see some guys have an AF gauge but don't really understand how it works?

Air fuel guage measure how rich or lean you are and is a must. Get the wideband gauge, FJO are the most expensive and best quality, AEM seems like a budget choice that is still decent at $200

aja636 said:
I also run those 3 gauges all FJO, best gauge going.
remember, you get what you pay for when shopping!!!

Do you ever notice spiking when you pin it and let off right away with the boost gauge how it sort of displays high reading for couple seconds?I always wonder if mine really sees that high boost or just the gauge on a long pull my boost controller works fine just the quick on and off throttle,mabye i should be switching boost controlers?

I have that as well, but that could be a true boost spike, It only lasts for a split second on mine, I am set for 12lbs and if I blip WOT it might read 12.5 or 13 for a quick reading. I ran a HKS EVC II for a week, I couldn't get it to stabilize boost, My fault for sure could figure it out. Then ran 3 other boost guages before I put the FJO in

Thats alot, I have never seen that much, Maybe you really have some bad boost spikes, what boost controller you running?

Sorry clutch, didn't mean to steal your thread, but this is good info on gauge selection.

aj

This is the one I got mabye I should be upgrading it.

boost.jpg

fullthrottle800,you can get rid of boost spikes with that controller,all you have to do is take it apart where the ball and spring is and put the spring in first and then the ball.the ball and spring is in the bottom where the arrow is .

Back