• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gearing,clutching,hp=speed

machzed said:
I removed the ripsaw right off the bat last week and installed a new full clipped predator 1 incher,same as a mach track...this one has every 3rd clip has holes in it to hold ice....

with 20 miles on the sled my buds 800 mile GT jumped me outa hole,then after 30 feet i go by hime like hes standing still..and just keeps pulling ontop...we havent radared them yet but im guessing at leasst 4mph on top end if not more....

Im assuming this is all the track...or else his GT is just slow??..

Dan
Hi machzed i think that 9837 fully clipped 1" er is the best combo for the apex shorties,if studded right it will hook up great,but some of us have had problems with the ripsaws and now are gunshy about studding right acrossed the complete track,as your best traction is right over the hyfax,like we used to do years ago with what we called a hooker system,but now with the push thru studs we still have our best stud pressure near the slide,so studding both sides of it is the best for traction,but not the best for agressive trail riding,to much side to side and to many chances to rip it up.

just cleaned up secondary,took it off and took the 3 bolts out and the secondary was "still open",so i dremmeled all the rough edge off and now they sit flush together,my straps are in 3rd hole from bottom...for better understanding on the secondary,take the helix and spring out and split the clucth its the inside where they meet is where there was alot of rough egdes that kept it from closing..put the spring back in #1 hole

Back