• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gearing

doober

Extreme
I am thinking about putting a 18 tooth top gear on my Apex MTX, i have stock bottom (40 tooth?) and have already put in a 19 2 seasons ago, but want some more bottom end, dont really need to do over 100 mph anyways, my question is this, can i use the stock chain? And is it worth going from a 19 to a 18? it is a stock sled except for the CE 2.5 track i put on it, I already know I need to throw more weight at the clutch as it hits the limiter easier now with the track, I just havent done it yet, I assume with an 18 tooth I would definitely need to?? Thanks for any input!

I'd say go for it. Order a new chain and go with 18/42. Alot of fun climbing and working the trees. Get yourself some adjustable weights like heavyhitters and dial back those rpms. Heavyhitters work great in these machines.

I would like to hear how this worked for ya

Back