• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gearing??

myyamaha

Extreme
hello I just wanted to know if I should regear my rx1 this is what I am doing I am putting a 8 tooth no slip driver and making it a 136 Expert x should I keep the stock gearing! If I need to go to new gearing what sould I go with???

thanks
mike

Gearing

Mike, I am doing some of the same changes to my sled. I talked with Mack over at Mountain Performance for over an hour today. He was very helpful. I decided to go with his stage three kit. He mentioned that I should change the gearing and not clutch. For under a $100.00 I did it. I am not sure of the gearing, I think one gear got smaller and the other gear bigger, 22-40, instead of the stock 24-38. He recommended that I make this change going with the 136" track. He said the sled will pull my arms out when I hit the throttle. What kit did you go with? Also, what track did you go with? I decided on the 136" Ripsaw. The only other thing I am going to do this year is change the skis to Precision Skis. I do not have the money for a suspension upgrade, that will have to wait until next year. I hope this helps.

Boston are U going with the 8 tooth driver? I am going with a 9 now I don't know if I am going to put new gears in! I got a sweet deal on a 9834 track so I went with that track I wanted to get the ripsaw but with the deal I got I just went with the 9834! Were are U from I live in Georgetown Ma were do U ride I ride in the jackman area and in canada I have a house in jackman!

Gearing

I live in Bedford Ma. I usually ride in the Brenton Woods area. Once in a while if I am lucky I sneek off to ME. I have never rode in Canada, but I would love to someday. I am staying with the 9 tooth drivers. I got a deal as well on my track, $399.00 from Tracks USA and they will take be stock track in trade for $175.00. I could not turn that down. As far as the gearing, that will be all apart to change the track and less than $100.00 I can get a great improvement on performance. I thought that was short money for an upgrade in performance. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I also wanted to know, what kit did you go with?

Why change to a 8th driver? There is plenty of room for up to a 2" paddle with a 9th driver.

Back