• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gems wont turn off

duallyguy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
turbo nytro, turbo viper
alright so I just wrapping up oil change and fired sled up. shut it down and now gems controllers are still on, just outside 2 lights flashing tether pulled, key off, unplugged hood, unplugged oft tether, unplugged harness where you piggy back gems and turns off. found isc relay warm and feeding power with everything unplugged. possible ecm short? also I unplugged the second gems no change. if I cant find a solution here guess its going in for warranty. maybe someone from mpi might know why.

So after some research on this site found another guy same issue. His fix was unplug battery and reconnect. Well that worked. Rode today all day no issues. Glitch maybe??

Digging up an old thread I found through the search.
I'm having this very same issue with my gems. Happened once on the Houghton TY ride. After stopping for lunch we noticed the gems lights were still on and stayed on. We had a quick text with Ulmer and he said to disconnect the negative battery cable to reset the ECU. This worked. But towards the end of the year it happened again. Munising TY ride ... Stopped at an intersection for a bit. Everyone fired up and took off. Mine would not start. Tried and tried - figured it was the famous hot start issue. After 10 minutes of sitting around and running the battery down with failed start attempts, someone noticed the lights to the gems blinking (gems is hidden away from plain view). Flashback to Houghton .... disconnect/reconnect negative battery cable ... Fired right up and we took off.

Does anyone have a solution? Disconnecting the negative battery cable is the most ideal way to remedy this.

We've had this happen a few times Especially when riding in lots of powder when its very cold out. I believe The relay like Cannondale spoke about Is getting wet and then freezing in the on position. A great solution is pull all of those relays and Tape up the contacts up completely coat them with conformal coating to waterproof them. When reinstalling the relays put Dielectric grease on the plug and pins

Back