• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Get skid back in RX1

tbarile

I have an 05 RX1 and had to have an arm in the skid welded and now can’t get it back in!! Interestingly I’ve read numerous threads that talk about 3 sets of bolts that hold the skid in but I only removed 2 sets to pull it out. I can’t get the front arms to push up high enough to get the bolt in. I’ve spent hours and can’t get within 2” of the hole.

Please help.

remove the rear bolt to transfer rod so it is not hooked to rear arm. This will allow you to easily line things with tunnel.

Thank you. I had the front boot removed. Made it a lot easier with the rear removed.

Now, how do I get the rear bolts to line up? I have 2 ratchet straps around the spring trying to compress but I’m still off by 1/2” and I can’t compress the spring any more.

Thank you. I had the front boot removed. Made it a lot easier with the rear removed.

Now, how do I get the rear bolts to line up? I have 2 ratchet straps around the spring trying to compress but I’m still off by 1/2” and I can’t compress the spring any
After attaching the front arm to tunnel bolts& with transfer rod unhooked you should be able to lower the rear of sled down & then have someone push down on the bumper to help line up the rear bolts, use a lineup punch to make sure the holes are aligned properly so you dont strip the threads on the bolts or the shaft, shouldn’t need any kind of straps on your shock

I hooked the transfer rod back together prior to trying the rear bolts. I’ll disconnect and give that a try. Thank you

that is the mono shock rx1. you would be better off looking for how to get skid re installed on an apex. i do not have any experiance with the mono shock skid myself.

that is the mono shock rx1. you would be better off looking for how to get skid re installed on an apex. i do not have any experiance with the mono shock skid myself.
Yes 05 is the same as an apex& the same as mine which has been converted to a 13 vector ltx skid sounds like he got it all back together

Back