• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Get to the U.P now!

jjaredco

Veteran
I just returned from 6 days in the U.P In 18 years of snowmobiling in Gods country, our party of 4 guys all agreed ,hands down,it is truly epic. Everywhere we went from Gogebic to Paradise 1370 miles in all on this trip, We never had bad trails.We would pass groomers on trails that were awesome! If you are kicking around maybe going one more time GO! They might even have two more weeks ,its that good! We are going back up this Sat to Wed to backpack out of Seney. These conditions are rare! So I give a huge ATTA BOY to the groomers and clubs! SSWWWEEEEETTT!

I agree I was there about 3 weeks ago my first time, a UP virgin of sorts :) WOW

I was actually bored running 91 mph on the trail just crusing! LOL I started standing up checking the sled over, watching my skis. No intersections and can see stright for miles. Truly a trail riders dream.

Hats off to the local clubs, we donated at every stop just to say thanks. Wow and double wow.

Saturday, March 8&9 rode the Westend of UP and Copper Country. Best snow conditions all year. Trails were groomed excellent. Probably 20 - 40 inch base on the trails, the off trail guys were having a blast talking to them at the motel. Should have stayed another day. Headed out shortly across the lake today up into Canada, trails were good there last week, but no where near the snow as Westend UP.

jjaredco said:
I just returned from 6 days in the U.P In 18 years of snowmobiling in Gods country, our party of 4 guys all agreed ,hands down,it is truly epic. Everywhere we went from Gogebic to Paradise 1370 miles in all on this trip, We never had bad trails.We would pass groomers on trails that were awesome! If you are kicking around maybe going one more time GO! They might even have two more weeks ,its that good! We are going back up this Sat to Wed to backpack out of Seney. These conditions are rare! So I give a huge ATTA BOY to the groomers and clubs! SSWWWEEEEETTT!

Shhhhhhhh! LOL

But seriously. YES the local clubs are doing a STELLAR!!! job with the trails :Rockon:

I have to give the best trails of the year award to everything between Grand Marais to Seney to Newberry to Paradise. Simply amazing the job they did up there this year.

My wife and I were discussing this very thing on the way back from the TY ride in muni last weekend. Hands down, best trail conditions in the UP this year over any other year we have been riding....

Thanks to all groomers for the wonderful job!!!

Seven of us just got back from a run from Drummond Island MI. to Iron Bridge On. in Canada, trails were excellent*, very light traffic. (*One icy corner, Yamaha will be able to sell a new windshield this weekend for a Vector)

Back