• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Goggles ?

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
I have an HJC open face, I have been using some smith ski goggles but these are tinted and at night I cn not see to the side at all, :o|
So may be a stupid ? but where can I get clear lenses and what goggles do you guys use and where did you get them.

Make it turn COLD AND SNOW PLEASE

Yamadoo

Try the Oakley O-Frames. I have those and Scott Hi-Voltage and prefer the O-Frames. You do have to buy the dual lense for them, but I've never had them fog up on me and they are big enough to cover the opening the HJC helmets have. A lot of dealerships sell the Oakleys and Scotts, so finding them shouldn't be a big deal.

I use Smiths with my HJC helmet, work good until they get wet. I would guess all goggles fog then.

I used the Smith Snow Warp goggles with my HJC CL-X4 helmet the last 2 seasons. They worked great and really fit the helmet well. I have recently ugraded helmet and goggle setup but the HJC/Smith Snow Warp setup worked great.

--Steve (O.C.)

Good question- the consumer has been brainwashed into thinking that we can just grab our motocross helmets and goggles and be just like the guys in the magazines!! You will freeze.I love the new cold weather wear ads in a new magazine and the guy has moto type helmet with goggles and no face protection! Can you say freeze? In real life this is insane.I do prefer the motocross helmet but .....get the right goggles for your face! Try on 3-4 diffrent manus they are all diffrent fits. The secret to having it all work together and being warm is the right baclava,helmet and goggle combo for your face! Try in on before you buy,make sure your skin is covered,you will dig the vision and the weight reduction is killer.We need to lose a few pounds wherever we can besause these 4-strokes are so hhhheeeeeaaaavyy..BBLLLAAAHHHHH

yammie goggles on my end. best ones ive ever used have had them for 5 years and only started fogging last season a few times. and under 30 bucks too boot. best thing is u have a nice bug strap that says YAMAHA that wraps around ur hellmet

I used the Pro-grip brand light sensitive googles last winter and they worked great for me. They lighten in the shade or at dark and they darken in the sun. They never fogged on me but I did not ride with them in temps under 5* so any colder than that and I can't say what they would do.Gene

I have been using Smith goggles with Pro-Vue insets (presription lense built into goggles) with an HJC helmet. With help from a little black duct tape around the edge of the goggles, I have a perfect seal. I have never had any fogging problems.

Smith Snow Warp goggles have worked really well for me,

Has anyone used the piece that connects onto the bottom of the goggles that protects your nose and mouth? I use a neopreme type mask that has worked well currently but it is not the quickest thing to get on and positioned right if your in a hurry.

thanks guys Yamadoo

Back