• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gonna give the XTX another go!!! What do you think?

Looks like I’m going to be riding my XTX again this winter. As most of you saw I was debating whether or not to trade her in for a 600 ETEC. After literally hours of doing my homework between the 2 I came to the conclusion of giving the XTX another shot.

Reasons why I thought about getting rid of it:

Gas tank- The more I think about it the more I realize its not really an issue for me. Where I ride we never go more then 90 miles without being in a town where there’s gas.

Handwarmers- Sure I could get Yamaheaters but I'm usually not in the bitter cold so I’m just going to invest in some warm gloves. And I already have dumbo ears so it not that bad anyways.

Suspension- I was unhappy with the stiffness of the suspension which also effected the handling. But to be 100% honest I never touched it once so its still at the factory settings. It just seems to confuse me for some reason, haha. I dont want to spend the money to get them re-valved and it seems like it would be a waste since I havent even tried any other suspension settings.

Skis- Well, anyway you look at it they still suck. I’m just going to throw the coin down to fix that problem. Just looking for something that will make it steer as easy as possible.

Oh ya and I just cant get quality and reliability factor out of my head.

You guys think I'm making the right decision? What would be my best option for skis/carbides for easy steering? Any suspension set up ideas?

Thanks again TY for all your help!

YES I DO , GET IT SET UP RIGHT AND U CAN'T BEAT THEM , THERE ARE A LOT OUT THERE AND EVERY BODY SEEMS TO BE RUNNING SOME THING DIFFERANT , I RUN POWDER PRO WITH SHAPERS 7.5 I HAVE ALWAYS RUN SLP SKIS IM SURE MORE PEOPLE WILL JUMP IN AND TELL U THE SKIS THEY RUN ARE THE BEST BUT ITS WHAT U LIKE GOOD LUCK WITH THE SKI CHOSE I THINK THEY ARE ALL PRETTY GOOD :Rockon:

Maine-Rider said:
Looks like I’m going to be riding my XTX again this winter. As most of you saw I was debating whether or not to trade her in for a 600 ETEC. After literally hours of doing my homework between the 2 I came to the conclusion of giving the XTX another shot.

Reasons why I thought about getting rid of it:

Gas tank- The more I think about it the more I realize its not really an issue for me. Where I ride we never go more then 90 miles without being in a town where there’s gas.

Handwarmers- Sure I could get Yamaheaters but I'm usually not in the bitter cold so I’m just going to invest in some warm gloves. And I already have dumbo ears so it not that bad anyways.

Suspension- I was unhappy with the stiffness of the suspension which also effected the handling. But to be 100% honest I never touched it once so its still at the factory settings. It just seems to confuse me for some reason, haha. I dont want to spend the money to get them re-valved and it seems like it would be a waste since I havent even tried any other suspension settings.

Skis- Well, anyway you look at it they still suck. I’m just going to throw the coin down to fix that problem. Just looking for something that will make it steer as easy as possible.

Oh ya and I just cant get quality and reliability factor out of my head.

You guys think I'm making the right decision? What would be my best option for skis/carbides for easy steering? Any suspension set up ideas?

Thanks again TY for all your help!

This is what I would do If I were you...

OK, You know about the Yamaheater, but IMO, if you complained last year about, you will probably sometime this year, complain about them. I would just get the Yamahaheaters and get it over with.

You can adjust the Suspenion and it will help, but I also think that gettting the Hy-Gear Spring setup for the Sport Model is the way to go. If you like the direction it goes after that, then re-valve it after that.

Skis, Keep the skis and get a set of snow-tracker runnners for it.

I'm right there with you! I am giving the Nytro another shot. I am going to do everything I can to reducing the steering effort. Its not bad when you can keep it opened up or off trail. But in the tight twisties it starts to wear on me.

I wouldn't be looking at the 600 Etec though. If the XTX doesn't meet what I need in a "daily" rider I am going to throw a turbo or blower on it, and just have fun with it. For my daily rider I would be getting an 800 Etec in the Renegade X or Backcountry X.

IFlyEm, what do you plan on doing to make it steer easier? Your 100% right though, going fast its fine. But like what you said once your in the twisties at a slow speed it sucks.

ypei93, what size/model snow trackers should I go with?

I have read alot of good thing about the Slydog powder hounds on the Nytro XTX. I hear they float great and make the sled steer alot easier at all speeds. Anybody that has them on there Nytro XTX or just Nytro could you give me your input/review on them?

Thanks again!

I've heard several times that some hygear triple rate springs really help with the steering effort. Also remember reading about, I think, it was Kimpex Arrows skis and they helped the steering effort.

Also I agree that you should just go ahead and get the Yamaheater. You won't regret having warm hands. I'd spend the extra and get the Boost Module too...so all of your settings will be warmer, and you will have the super nuclear hot setting also.

Maine-Rider said:
IFlyEm, what do you plan on doing to make it steer easier? Your 100% right though, going fast its fine. But like what you said once your in the twisties at a slow speed it sucks.

ypei93, what size/model snow trackers should I go with?

I have read alot of good thing about the Slydog powder hounds on the Nytro XTX. I hear they float great and make the sled steer alot easier at all speeds. Anybody that has them on there Nytro XTX or just Nytro could you give me your input/review on them?

Thanks again!

I have used the aggressive on both mountain and stock skis and they turn, do not dart and I have much lighter steering then my buddy who runs powder hounds. Hate to beat a dead horse but they flat out work and are tough, I have over 2000 miles on mine and they still have a lot of life left.

upei93, do you really think im better off getting snow trackers instead of Slydog powder hounds? Do they really steer alot lighter then Slydogs? What kind of sled does you buddy have them on? I just want something that will steer easy and not get in/follow other tracks.

My buddy used Bergstrom triple points on his sled and his wifes sled, they both love them..no darting and easy to steer.

sleddingfarmer said:
I've heard several times that some hygear triple rate springs really help with the steering effort. Also remember reading about, I think, it was Kimpex Arrows skis and they helped the steering effort.

Also I agree that you should just go ahead and get the Yamaheater. You won't regret having warm hands. I'd spend the extra and get the Boost Module too...so all of your settings will be warmer, and you will have the super nuclear hot setting also.

My TR springs did seem to help in the steering effort, it also helped with the tippy feeling, those two things combined made a world of difference in the sled.

Maine-Rider said:
upei93, do you really think im better off getting snow trackers instead of Slydog powder hounds? Do they really steer alot lighter then Slydogs? What kind of sled does you buddy have them on? I just want something that will steer easy and not get in/follow other tracks.

Read this..

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... owtrackers

I vote snowtrackers but if you don't want them then go with dually slim jims and you will also see an improvement in the darting and steering. T

Do some searches for setup and you can fix the steering on the yamaha. The only thing with the snowtrackers is watch your trailer and garage. They do damage.

Back