• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Goodbye Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
they forgot the plastic ring that screws down UNDER the gas cap
They did not forget it they don’t use that anymore from what I recal.
Yea I was wondering that. The missing snap ring in rear upper idler wheel could have been big trouble.

Most of findings are minor but still going through and doing mods/checking things.. It just concerns me with some MINOR things forgotten or missed. What else is amiss? The guy that buys a sled and just gas N go with stock stuff and has no desire to mod or dig into things could be very disappointed IMO. Work ethic and general attitudes towards work is lacking in this country. Obviously the "observer" was not observing certain things on my 2022!
You are correct .For what you paid for your sled it should be PERFECT! No matter where you go these days no body gives a #*$&@ . Blame it on the Brandon folks they messed everything else in our Blessed Country !

You really shouldn't have any concerns at all with your sled, you bought the best of the best and paid a supreme price for it, you seem to know your way around a sled and can turn wrenches and recognize a problem when you see one, not everybody can do that, that's why some riders buy the best at a supreme price so they don't have to worry about build quality, some owners don't have a lick of trouble with there snowmobile but like Mr V he had troubles and had to sadly move on after 34 years of being a faithful supporting Yamaha customer, That's what's concerns me.
No concern, just keeping it real and reporting what I found SO FAR. You should love my post as it’s negative about yamacat. I have zero beef with you but is seems most of your posts are negative or full of sarcasm. You have every right to post and make comments but realize most on here will attack your posts or not care for your posts. Why not go over to Doo talk or spend your time posting in the old “Japan” sled area? Don’t they have a area for those dinosaur sleds on this site?

Last edited:
You are correct .For what you paid for your sled it should be PERFECT! No matter where you go these days no body gives a #*$&@ . Blame it on the Brandon folks they messed everything else in our Blessed Country !
Not sure who the Brandon folks are? Educate me ? Thanks

Owned a 2017, yes very fast enjoyed it and bought a 2020 red one, a little to much red! updated to a 2021, put over 2000 miles on it and sold it with the original belt no issues, waiting on my 2022 with power steering, can't wait. 42 years riding Yamahas! So maybe his 2018 was a lemon, get over it and move on.

Brandon is short for the current administration, when you hear "lets go Brandon" it doesn't mean that, the meaning is something else...but were here to talk about our sleds. Some of the posts about what's wrong or has gone wrong with any Yamaha sled can be helpful in the way of giving all of us a heads up on what might go wrong with our rides. When posts are made about the oil tank leaking or chain case nuts getting loose, adding protective gear are helpful, this way we all know what to look for and the frequency of failures...this helps the engineers at Yamaha/Cat build a better sled. There are many very knowledgeable technicians/ engineers on this site that produce videos, pictures and text on how to fix the known shortfalls of all Yamaha sleds, a few who come to mind are Travis, Rocker Dan, Knappattack to just name a few of the many, I am grateful to them for sharing their knowledge...they don't have to. KCYO to all !! Joe

Owned a 2017, yes very fast enjoyed it and bought a 2020 red one, a little to much red! updated to a 2021, put over 2000 miles on it and sold it with the original belt no issues, waiting on my 2022 with power steering, can't wait. 42 years riding Yamahas! So maybe his 2018 was a lemon, get over it and move on.

That’s awesome finally positive thoughts.

Brandon is short for the current administration, when you hear "lets go Brandon" it doesn't mean that, the meaning is something else...but were here to talk about our sleds. Some of the posts about what's wrong or has gone wrong with any Yamaha sled can be helpful in the way of giving all of us a heads up on what might go wrong with our rides. When posts are made about the oil tank leaking or chain case nuts getting loose, adding protective gear are helpful, this way we all know what to look for and the frequency of failures...this helps the engineers at Yamaha/Cat build a better sled. There are many very knowledgeable technicians/ engineers on this site that produce videos, pictures and text on how to fix the known shortfalls of all Yamaha sleds, a few who come to mind are Travis, Rocker Dan, Knappattack to just name a few of the many, I am grateful to them for sharing their knowledge...they don't have to. KCYO to all !! Joe

Very knowledgeable guys you mentioned they actually all gave me advice and helped me out.There are also others on here this is an awesome sight with lots of good guys and advice.

Very knowledgeable guys you mentioned they actually all gave me advice and helped me out.There are also others on here this is an awesome sight with lots of good guys and advice.
Yes I've learned a ton here as well. One guy we haven't heard from in a long time is Clutchmaster. Hope he's OK.

No concern, just keeping it real and reporting what I found SO FAR. You should love my post as it’s negative about yamacat. I have zero beef with you but is seems most of your posts are negative or full of sarcasm. You have every right to post and make comments but realize most on here will attack your posts or not care for your posts. Why not go over to Doo talk or spend your time posting in the old “Japan” sled area? Don’t they have a area for those dinosaur sleds on this site?
Thanks for the advice, just thinking, isn't Yamaha from Japan, just saying.

He is doing well. Matter fact he just repacked my TD turbo force muffler, and welded my chain tensioner roller bolt about 3 weeks ago. I stopped in and went for a ride in his EVO car. Scared the #*$&@ out of me. Let’s just say he’s got it running well on alcohol.

Last edited:
Just wondering has anyone heard from T pay? he has not commented in a while, he usually jumps at the opportunity to bash my posts, starting to get worried about him.

Looking forward to the coming season on my 2017 RTX LE. 7,000 miles and couldn't be happier. I too was very skeptical of the Yamacat situation when at first there were these annoying issues with clutch alignment and the shaft. The chain case maintenance could have been better thought out. Well, due to the great people on this site ALL tissues were resolved very quickly. so, the last 6,000 miles ( mind you sled has been tuned during that time) has been great. Handles great, great on fuel, comfortable. Still enjoy the Apex but it and prior sleds have had issues also, slides, idler wheels, speedometer sensors nots as good on fuel and much heavier. As hard as I ride, I wonder if other brands would hold up for those of us who keep our machines for more than 5 years. I am sure they have their respective issues also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back