• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Got a fix for heavy steering

uofm

Expert
Check out www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com My wife and i went for a ride today, her Phazer and my XTX. We switched machines and she could not believe how easy it steered. The last time she rode it she could not turn it and i was tired after a 100 mile day. Now it turns almost as easy as the Phazer thanks to Schmidt bro. Tell them you want done what Pat had done on his. You will love the machine a whole lot more.

What's with the secrets??? Why can't you just say what you had done??

No secret. Call them and they will fix you up. They put in a stiffer spring on the center shock, and they revalved it for my weight.

Basically all they are doing is putting a heavier spring on the front shock in the skid and revalving it. If you think about it this is a very accurate fix for multiple issues on the new Nytros. Look at the limiter strap issue for example that many of you out there haven’t realized you will have yet.

On the limiter strap issue which is being caused Because the front of this skid so easily compresses in ruff trail conditions and puts the limiter straps in harms way and they will start to get chewed up by the lugs on the track and because they were placed so close to the lugs on the track to begin with.

The heavier spring will also help in giving the sled a more balanced feel being it is more rider forward and having a heavier motor which in return gives the sled the heavier steering at slower speeds.

Wis Sledder said:
Basically all they are doing is putting a heavier spring on the front shock in the skid and revalving it. If you think about it this is a very accurate fix for multiple issues on the new Nytros. Look at the limiter strap issue for example that many of you out there haven’t realized you will have yet.

On the limiter strap issue which is being caused Because the front of this skid so easily compresses in ruff trail conditions and puts the limiter straps in harms way and they will start to get chewed up by the lugs on the track and because they were placed so close to the lugs on the track to begin with.

The heavier spring will also help in giving the sled a more balanced feel being it is more rider forward and having a heavier motor which in return gives the sled the heavier steering at slower speeds.

you talking about a XTX or the shorty ?

Back