• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS Location Ideas

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
Ok mountain guys, what you guys recommendin for a gps mount for the sw? I would like a setup that I could roll my sled to get unstuck without damaging the mount.

Here's what I have in mind, Alpha makes a nice looking gauge pod, in different colors. However the holes for the gauges I didn't need. So I contacted alpha this morning and they tell me in the fall they will be making a new batch and they will make some without any holes.

So if you picture this alpha pod with holes mounted on the winder. Then I will drill holes in the pod mount Garmin bike mount to it and hard wire it in. I think that would look pretty close to factory.

Here is mine.

IMG_0826.PNG

Can you take a closer picture of how you mounted the GPS to the sled

Is it strong? I'm thinking you just drilled through the plastic

Lake effect has a riser with extra holes for mounting a RAM ball , that's the option I'm looking at for my mtx
That's what I use on my Nytro MTX, keeps it below the bars and protected. I've rolled it over without issue in deep snow.

Back