• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS Trail Mapping

Larry P

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX DX
Hello,
Please consult redpinemapping.com for downloads to your GPS for trail mapping. I've just purchased from them and it looks like a perfect setup for my Garmin. A friend of mine purchased this last season and had it on our rides and it worked perfectly and was impressive.
Cheers,
Larry

Yes, way points, gas lodging and other features. You can also get a SD card if you like. redpinemapping.com

Even better, they have a discounted upgrade program, so you can upgrade each year at a pro-rated price! It keeps me waiting to download the latest version each year. These folks are great to work with as well.

They love to hear from users and upload your trails or changes that you noted too. If you find a change in the trail from their map, just send them your trails. You may be surprise how they thank you!

I have both VV and Redpine. Using VV which has better graphics in my opinion I had trouble quite often with it taking me off the main trail and onto routes or roads. Tried all the different GPS preferences still did it often. Switched to RedPine no issues. Only issue with RedPine is most of my local trails are not on there and they are on VV. UP had full coverage on both as far as I found.

I have both VV and Redpine. Using VV which has better graphics in my opinion I had trouble quite often with it taking me off the main trail and onto routes or roads. Tried all the different GPS preferences still did it often. Switched to RedPine no issues. Only issue with RedPine is most of my local trails are not on there and they are on VV. UP had full coverage on both as far as I found.

I also had problems with routing with VV. Recently Jeramey at VV informed me that they made some major changes to help with this. When asked what they did he replied. (We've consolidated the map segments, making larger sections instead of separated by county. Less errors at the borders as the GPS tries to "tie them together".) Can't beat VV customer service. Hopefully it works better next season. I did notice it works better "up north" where the trails aren't changed as often.

Back