• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS

Ganz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I picked up a Garmin Etrex Legend about a week ago. I haven't use it yet 4 wheeling or fishing but I have to say so far I'm very impressed with this unit. Reasonable price with a lot of features. I would highly recomend it to you anyone.
Just thought I'd pass it along. :-o

Ganz

just got one myself earlier this summer. Been taking out on the Grizzly a few times. Been making waypoints and what not. Really like it. I need to get a Mapsource CD, but so far I love it!

I have the same GPS, and been thinking about getting the handlebar mount for it, either of you guys have this?? If so, how do you like it? My only concern is tree limbs and stuff hitting it...

No, I havn't gotten the handle bar mount for it yet. I'm thinking about getting that as well. I got the pouch for it that I can hook it to my pants like a cell phone. I'm going to try this first and see how it works out.

Ganz

actually I just put two strips of valcro on the gas tank down towards the seat. It sits perfect there! I've got about 150 miles with it on there haven't lost it yet! Its nice place for it, just have to look down to look at it.

I do plan on a handle bar mount, this was a quick fix till then!

I picked up a handle bar mount for my Etrex. $15 at Gander Mountain. It seems to hold the GPS pretty solidly. Well see, on my next ride I'll give it a work out. :exc:

I've got the etrex vista and used it all last year snowmobiling. I used heavy duty velcro and mounted it next to the speedo. Added a 12V accessory plug too. Once it's cold out, the batteries don't last very long. If you set it up for tracks, you can map out the trails you ride on and mark stops along the way. :Rockon:

I've got a Garmin with a handlebar mount and just mounted it on the front rack. I also hard wired it directly to the quad battery so there is no need for batteries and it doesn't shut down when I turn the quad off.

Attachments

• Garmin.JPG
    Garmin.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 138
Ok guys, I gave my mount and gps a workout yesterday. The only problem with it is the gps kept shutting off. Batteries are good, the only thing I can think of is the vibration from the atv turning it off? What could it be? Anyone ever experience this? Can it be fixed? I like having the thing where I can see it when I ride but it's annoying to have it shutting off all the time. :o|

Ganz

You m,ay have to increase the spring tension of the batteries. If they lose contact for even just an instant, it will die quickly.

I have a bar mounted Garmen GPS-5. I use the RAM mount. It has just enough suspension in it's design to keep the inertial forces low.

Various pics of the setup on my website. I wouldn't trade any of the other mounts for my RAM.

I also have it hardwired to an unswitched B+ supply. I really like having it where I can see it witout having to look far away from the trail. Much the same as mentioned above by Silvertip.

:D

Grisshopper,

I didn't find the GPS pics on your site, maybe just not enough coffee this morning.

Anyway, I've got an old Garmin 12XL that I've been using using as a receiver for DeLorme Street Altas on my notebook in the truck the past several years. The power/data cables would not transfer well over to a Grizzly so I need to come up with a proper configuration.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! ;)!

Back