• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Great day riding with 6 yr old grandson.....fabulous

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
We went out on the lake today...he on his 1986 80cc 2 stroke Sno scoot and me following around on the Vector LTX 2010. Played follow the leader trying to teach him the lake. Well deep slush in SE corner of the main bay......as the day got warmer all of a sudden even the light weight Scoot was dropping into the slush and NO GO.

Did not realize how difficult it is for a 6 yr old to remember were something is even on a small lake. But thankfully each time we visited the slush I was able to tie on to him and with the studded Vector pull him to solid snow and he never even came close to rear ending me....good boy

Great to problem solve, get unstuck and just ride with him

Last edited:

Sounds like a great opportunity to teach the young lad problem solving skills that hopefully will stick. Good story yamadoo.

And he learned on a Yamaha. Win-Win in my book!

Well done and thanks for sharing.

I do a similar thing here at home with my 5.5 year old son, he's been riding his 120 (Polaris unfortunately) since he was 3.5 years old. I've had to speed it up for him now so it does approx. 40km/h. I take the beater 97 Vmax 600 XT and he follows me, we stop at the road, looks both ways and crosses. When he gets stuck I've showed him to get off, give it gas and push on the handle bars or lift the back end if he can out of the hole off to the side. Falls off here and there on slopes of the ditch but usually when he is doubling with his little sister. Recently, I've taken him to a local pond and offered for him to drive the Vmax, he is very careful and only goes about 30kmh as it is hard for him to turn still but he did a great job and knows how use the brake. My daughter rides the 120 as well and she knows to manage the throttle to control her speed but still needs to learn the braking aspect.

It's amazing how these young kids pick things up so quickly, I'm glad to bring my son and daughter into the sport rather then sitting inside during the winter.

The other grandkids arrived for the weekend and LOTS of sled time riding with me ‘BAPA’ their grandpa name for me and their dads on the big sleds and the 5 and older on the scoots......great time was had for all...love it when I need to add gas to the scoots because it means they are RIDING. 6 Grandsons and 2 granddaughters we are very blesssed.

Back