• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Griz or Rin?

madlar

Veteran
Hi all,
New to the site. I'm looking at buying either an 06 Grizzly or the 06 Rincon. I've herd a lot about the Rincon and review posts on other sites...I guess my question is...if you were in my shoes, would you buy another Grizzly or look at another brand? I know a lot about the Rincon and would appreciate some feedback on folks that own the Grizzly.

I plan on doing mostly trail riding (Hatfield-McCoy in WV and up in Canada) and I'm still not sure if I need the engine braking.

I'm looking at buying an Apex GT snowmobile at the same time, so as to get the best deal I can. Anyone have the same combo?

I would buy another Grizz in a heartbeat. I haven't had mine long but with the riding I have done on it so far I have absolutely no regrets. I haven't ridden a Rincon but from the things I have read I would take the Grizz. For compairson I have ridden SP400, SP600, ATP500, Magnum330, YZF450 and a Wolverine. I would take the Grizz over all of them no question.

As for sleds I sold mine last year, SXR600 no regrets there either. Winters have been bad in Wisconsin for a long time.

The Grizz rocks ;)! :lol:

My 06 Grizzly is my second Grizzly and I really like it. Before this quad I had a 96 Timberwolf, a 98 Big Bear, a 99 Kodiak, and my old favorite a 00 Grizzly 600. All were trouble free and as you might guess my 600 was my favorite. Do I have any regrets with my 06? None at all, It is the best of them all. ;)!

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go test both out this month and make a decision. You're right about the snow...

I test rode a Rincon last winter. I was less than impressed with the speed and power of the Rincon.
Id go with the Grizz.

Hello madlar.
I have an 02 grizzly and an 06 attak. Please feel free to ask me any questions about either machines. I really like both machines. I ride atv with my cousin who has a honda foreman. We always go head to head in all kinds of riding. Deep water is only thing the honda does better than my grizzly. I have not found any machine that can beat my attak. :Rockon:

Thanks all, yhea the Griz looks good...I'm going to look at the Special Edition. I'll let ya know when I get it! ;)!

I would not even consider the Honda because they do not offer a low range or a locking front differential. I have these items on my 2 Kodiaks and I use them! :yam:

I kinda wish I would have gotten a kawaski 750 brute force instead of the grizzly my buddy has one and what more power and torque they got over the grizzly

Yes, the Honda Rincon has independent rear suspension. Other things it does not have are adjustable suspension springs, and a trailer hitch. :yam:

I heard the ricon $uck and they are slow:die ,I know someone who has one and a wolverine,and wishes he never got the ricon, he said his wolverine has more power and will out run the ricon :yamaha

Back