• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grizzly 700 clutch rivets

Fortress

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX1
A friend of mine had rivets pop of his secondary clutch on his 2010 grizzly 700, and cause all kinds of damage, then I went to clean up my clutches on my 2009 700 griz and found 3 rivet heads flying around in mine for a couple thousand kilometres, wife's 09 seems ok though, I couldn't find a machinist that does the same press rivets so I just used 1/4 pop rivets and see how it holds up...other then millions of little pits I had no damage so I put back together, sounds like lots of people had problems with this secondary clutch fail from 2009 to 2010.

A friend of mine had rivets pop of his secondary clutch on his 2010 grizzly 700, and cause all kinds of damage, then I went to clean up my clutches on my 2009 700 griz and found 3 rivet heads flying around in mine for a couple thousand kilometres, wife's 09 seems ok though, I couldn't find a machinist that does the same press rivets so I just used 1/4 pop rivets and see how it holds up...other then millions of little pits I had no damage so I put back together, sounds like lots of people had problems with this secondary clutch fail from 2009 to 2010.

Never heard of that before. There should not be any rivets in the secondary or primary that are used for clutching.

take any pic's for us to see? interested in seeing this.

IMG_5666.jpg
Here is a picture of what I'm Talking about. the top half in picture,of secondary I lost 4 rivet heads ,I already knocked out the studs with a punch .So then I took a punch and tried to see if I could get any more heads to pop off and sure enough another easily popped off second half as you see in bottom half of pic,my belief is they pressed these rivets in to hard and they failed, but wife's 2009 is good so far I took punch and none fell off hers,so its hit and miss hopefully nobody else has this problem

Back