• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grizzly life

rburym

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
seein as how the grizzs are 4-strokes and most yammie sleds are making 20,000km+ with excessive speed and rpms my question is this. Shouldnt my grizz make it well past that with regular maintenance just due to the fact im not revvving the heck out of it? Granted your treating it a bit rougher so the body will take a beating but the motor should be strong forever dont you think? :4STroke:

well, i do not know about the grizz but my uncle has a 1992 big bear 350 that is still going. he has had it from new and it is still on origonal piston and cases have never been opened for anything in the motor/tranny. he has done seals and bearings on the wheels and axles. he is a trapper/fisherman and uses his atv hard getting where he has to go. he does not see any reason to up-grade to a new one as his still is going unless he wins a lottery.

One of the guys I ride with in Az has 9000 mi on his 07. He has not had any problems other than the shocks are getting a little bouncy. He dosen't plan on trading it any time soon.

yamahahaapex said:
seein as how the grizzs are 4-strokes and most yammie sleds are making 20,000km+ with excessive speed and rpms my question is this. Shouldnt my grizz make it well past that with regular maintenance just due to the fact im not revvving the heck out of it? Granted your treating it a bit rougher so the body will take a beating but the motor should be strong forever dont you think? :4STroke:

By following regular oil changes/ other simple maintenance, Yammi engines last forever. That's why we by them!!!!!

You don't see too many Yammi's in the parts yards, and when you do it's because they were crashed, not burned up......

Mike

My uncle has an 05 Grizzly 660 with over 9000 miles on it and it still runs good and he does not take care of it at all. He's only changed the oil three times since he's owned it. He just adds some as it needs it. When I decided to upgrade I got a 2009 Grizzly 700 after seeing how bulletproof his is with almost no maintenance. Mine should last forever since I'm very particular on how I take care of mine.

Back