• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grizzly Plow

cnybrian

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
Anyone have a plow on their Grizzly? I am looking at getting one to supplement my snowblower and seem to have a lot of choices.

I was leaning towards the Warn ProVantage.

the kimpex plows are popular around here and seem to hold up pretty well. i can't say as the plow for my atv was built for an 1988 big bear back in 89 and it is still going.

one thing i do reccomend after the past week at work is to keep a trip spring as a spare as no one around here does for any brand of atv/plow and it sucks when you need one in the middle of plowing.

the kimpex plows are popular around here and seem to hold up pretty well. i can't say as the plow for my atv was built for an 1988
one thing i do reccomend after the past week at work is to keep a trip spring as a spare as no one around here does for any brand of atv/plow and it sucks when you need one in the middle of plowing.
the kimpex plows are popular around here and seem to hold up pretty well. i can't say as the plow for my atv was built for an 1988 big bear back in 89 and it is still going.

Thank you. I’ll check out the limped plows. The guys on DirtTrax just did a. Jumped plow install.

I will definitely get a spare spring!

I use the 54” warn plow with 2500 winch installed by dealer when I bought it last spring. Gave it a good test this weekend and love it. Plenty of power to move a good amount of snow.

I went with the Warn Provantage. Looked like a pretty straight forward install and of course it isn't!

The bolts on winch mounting plate is interfering with the ATV plow mount. I think I need to mark where the bolts are on the plow mount and create a cutout for them. The bolts aren't very big, maybe a 10mm hex and it would have to be about 3/8" - 1/2" long cutout.

Why are things never easy!!!

Figured it out.

In case anyone is wondering, you have to remove the 2 rear bolts on the winch mount plate. They line up perfectly to the holes in the top of the ATV plow mount.

I went with the ProVantage 60" & 2500 set up and Love it!! I like how high it lifts with the front mount option, and it installs in less than a minute!! I added chains on all 4 tires because it's been icy, I felt it was necessary.

Back