• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grizzly Wheel Bearings

Madmudder

Website
photos.yahoo.com
WEBSITE
http://photos.yahoo.com/madrmudder
WLM
Madmudder
I have to replace my front wheel bearings inner and outer both are a KOYO DAC3055W. Has any one replaced with a sealed bearing? Should I stick with the factory replacement or is there something better out there?
I will not be going to the dealer for a replacement KOYO bearings and seals are available at the local bearing supply house. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would think a sealed bearing would be fine but all else stick with what they had from stock. Also If the bearing are available at a local bearing supplier, that where I would buy too...much cheaper. ;)!

I replaced my bearings with pivot works bearing , comes in a kit 4 bearings(sealed) and 4 dirt seals for around $40

sealed ball bearing, they look just like the yamaha bearings except they are sealed on both sides not just one side,

For any one interested I got a KOYO bearing DAC3055 same as stock for $31.50 from local Bearing supply house. Half the cost of the Stealer (dealer) but I did not get the Yamaha wrapper, shux.
The Dimensions for this bearing are as follows:
ID:30mm
OD:55mm
Width:32mm

bearings

Part#s are 3006 & 6006, you can use 1RS ( one rubber seal ) or 2RS (two rubber seals). With the 1RS you could drill & tap the centre of the hub for a greas fitting or upgrade to a harder seal which I don't know the code ? for 1SS?maybe?
Some-one help me out hear!! :o|

Hello Senior what numbers have you posted?
KOYO bearing DAC3055 is 6mm too narrow, the best deal I could find was with Pivot Works PWFWK-Y14-600. If you need rear bearings order the fronts they are the same but $10 less than rear bearing part number & bearing is identical.

Hey Senior are those the bearings for the front of the 02's? 03's and newer only have one bearing per hub note
The Dimensions for this bearing are as follows:
ID:30mm
OD:55mm
Width:32mm
In my experience your choices are Yamaha or Pivot Works
PWFWK-Y14-600 are the only 2 options nothing from Koyo, Fag or NTN with these dimensions.

Back