• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gutting stock pipe on apex

legend

Extreme
I think there is no reason why you cant gut the stock pipe for a aftermarket pipe it is 6 700 dollers candian thats to much for for what you get .But would let some imfo on it . Thank you :Rockon:

i did my 03 rx1 and it sounded good,i gutted my rtx the same way except i actually cut a section out of the glasspack inserts inside the can,wow sounds awesome,didnt cost a penny ,just a few hrs of my time

legend said:
I think there is no reason why you cant gut the stock pipe for a aftermarket pipe it is 6 700 dollers candian thats to much for for what you get .But would let some imfo on it . Thank you :Rockon:

We tried that, lost 3HP but did save some weight. We haven't found another pipe that makes as much HP as the stk Apex pipe.
Ray

Dynoray said:
legend said:

We tried that, lost 3HP but did save some weight. We haven't found another pipe that makes as much HP as the stk Apex pipe.
Ray
>>>
What about the Excell pipe ? Have you tried it / or the Hauck, what did it loose if you tried it ? (the MPI pipe is the same as the Hauck) if you could answer this question it would help me with some decisions for sure !

gutted my 03 rx1 and my rtx mufflers,if i lost 3hp it was worth it cause the sound is awesome and it didnt cost a dime,i also machined about 2.5lbs of rotating weight off rtx driveline before i even had it on the snow so i think that made up the 3hp

170plus said:
gutted my 03 rx1 and my rtx mufflers,if i lost 3hp it was worth it cause the sound is awesome and it didnt cost a dime,i also machined about 2.5lbs of rotating weight off rtx driveline before i even had it on the snow so i think that made up the 3hp
>>>
Can you explain what exactly you machined ? Will this weaken the part......? Sounds interesting !

Nothing like a mod u hear every time u touch the gas. I cut out both cross over pipes and had it welded shut with stainless steel weld for $50. Sounds awsome, i have a sound clip in the apex section title. My 06 apex rtx projects.

Back