• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Guys w/studs?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
So we debated b4 the start of the season. Should we or shouldn't we stud the center 3.5"? Possibly hit louvers?

So anyone tearing up the middle? How long are your picks?

135 1.325 studs and yes some in the middle
A couple of scratches on the middle protector but I did bottom out pretty good once

144 1.325" up the middle, no damage anywhere with 670 miles so far. Stock 1.25" track.

135 1.325 studs and yes some in the middle
A couple of scratches on the middle protector but I did bottom out pretty good once

Like hitting a rough run of giant moguls? Or worse?

The general consensus is 1.325 you are okay to go anywhere..1.450.... Hit and miss... Many no problem some hitting.... Anything over without further modification... Hitting for sure... I've seen some pics of it shredded up good...

With the rumors of how tight Yamaha will be warranty wise... It's concerning for those who care

IMG_1487.PNG
Will this set-up be an issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1486.PNG
    IMG_1486.PNG
    230.3 KB · Views: 111
192 1.575 singles. Ignored the warnings and studded as I would normally do. Not marks yet...but not worried if it does shred that center fin thing...no coolant in it.

I checked mine today and no issue so far...knock on wood! 144 1.4" extreme max up the middle woody pattern.400 miles

Stick with 1.325 on an 11/4 track and don't put studs in the dead center of the track and you'll be fine.

I put 144 up the middle, but avoiding the dead center. Also, avoided sides, as actual bulletin from camoplast recommended. I went with 1.325 and used a combination of doubles and singles. I'm would guess that length would've been fine even on the center, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Back