• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GYTR Front Shock Shafts

Smokum

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX, 2003 RX-1 MTN
In need of at least 1 new shaft for the GYTR shock rebuild. Looking for the hollow type so I can have rebound control. Cannondale has my shocks, but said none of his sources have shafts for these anymore.

So asking the TY family if anyone knows where to get new ones, or if anyone has 1 used one I could buy.

call hygear orMike at Carver Performance

I will try Hygear. Carver doesn't have anything.

Google also brought up Shock Tec in Canada. I emailed them a number of days ago, but didn't get a reply. Will try calling them too. Anyone dealt with them before?

shock tec have done refresh and re valve work for me before but i always got my own shafts and stuff if they where needed on a shock rebuild.

i would think you should be able to find some of those shocks somewhere. Did you try Barn Of Parts?

might just be easier to just buy one shock instead of trying to get a shaft made. I'm sure the price wouldn't be that much more anyways. good luck

might just be easier to just buy one shock instead of trying to get a shaft made. I'm sure the price wouldn't be that much more anyways. good luck
Yes nobody is going to make these since rebound requires them to be hollow. He really needs two since the one complete shock the shaft is bent. Only matter of time before that breaks too. We were just hoping someone knew of a source.

you can get them made an made out better material get hold Bruce scharder sorry about spelling but Tom from ty may have contact info he did a set of shock for me and had better shafts
made for my ohlins because they where not made and more but cost was not bad like 60-70 per shaft. also try a Canada shock rebuilt company they may have or still can get the parts.

I think all GYTR GT shocks have the calibrator both top and bottom. In the EBAY picture above, have the seller turn the shaft around and the damper knob will show. I believe that shock rod is the correct one for you.

Back