• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gytr muffler

I see that Yami is offering a GYTR muffler for the nytro. It's supposed to be out about now. Anybody have any info on it yet??? It looks like a super q to me with GYTR stamped into it????????

A slip-on muffler is not going to make as much of a gain as changing the header pipe only or changing out the full system. A slip-on muffler gains 2-3 hp from what I have tested and seen on the dyno and in the field.

It's a waste of money. The header adds more power and a better bang for the buck or get the full Excell system.

I'm glad Ulmer replyed to this thread. I've been looking at a trail perfomer kit for my sled. My biggest concern is going with the full system since I ride alot in new york. I've read all the dyno and forum stuff on the excell exhaust. What i'm looking for is a muffler that i can change in and out in a matter of 10 minutes or so between riding around home and NY. I've been meaning to call Ulmer up for the last couple of weeks, but work has been crazy!! :exc:

legends14x said:
I'm glad Ulmer replyed to this thread. I've been looking at a trail perfomer kit for my sled. My biggest concern is going with the full system since I ride alot in new york. I've read all the dyno and forum stuff on the excell exhaust. What i'm looking for is a muffler that i can change in and out in a matter of 10 minutes or so between riding around home and NY. I've been meaning to call Ulmer up for the last couple of weeks, but work has been crazy!! :exc:

forget the on and off deal...call Ulmer...get the header...no change in sound...gains more than any muffler alone could ever give...

sj, you got me wrong. I'm for sure going with the header. I'm only up in the air on the full exhaust (thats what I want) that's a NY no no; or the header for the "stock" muffler. I can switch out a "stock" muffler in about ten minutes. I don't think I can switch out the excell muffler since the inlet is bigger on the full exhaust header... The sled is ripped apart right now so a decision is in the near future

I would stay away from the super q if you ride in and out of towns I think the db levels are above the limits for MN, WI and MI not shure about out east. sounds ok at idle, pretty loud at wot though.

sonds,

sonds said:
I would stay away from the super q if you ride in and out of towns I think the db levels are above the limits for MN, WI and MI not shure about out east. sounds ok at idle, pretty loud at wot though.

sonds,

X2

Had one last year and sold it after riding behind my own sled for a couple of miles, pretty damn loud.

Why is NY a no no. I have ridden here all my life and been through several stops with my triple piped polaris and my ultra-q on my XTX and have never been even asked about my pipes. I have been with guys with crazy loud pipes and noone has ever said anything. Vermont is another story. Got a ticket on my polaris.

legends14x said:
sj, you got me wrong. I'm for sure going with the header. I'm only up in the air on the full exhaust (thats what I want) that's a NY no no; or the header for the "stock" muffler. I can switch out a "stock" muffler in about ten minutes. I don't think I can switch out the excell muffler since the inlet is bigger on the full exhaust header... The sled is ripped apart right now so a decision is in the near future

You cannot switch back and forth there are two headers ...on is only for the full system and the other is for the stock muffler...although you could get a different (stock fitment) muffler and change it up to the stock muffler header...
this is due to a bend that is made to fit the stock muffler which the full system takes out..

sj, there lies my dilema. do i go with the header that will work with a stock muffler and just change out the yami skinz can or do I gamble on a ticket with the full system while in NY?

legends14x said:
sj, there lies my dilema. do i go with the header that will work with a stock muffler and just change out the yami skinz can or do I gamble on a ticket with the full system while in NY?
EXCELL MOTORSPORTS is located in NY! Not sure why they would develope a exhaust system that they can't market in their own area. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just doesn't make sense.

Back