• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand grip replacemant ?

DennyTuna

RIP-Logan-Dylan-Never forgotten!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Winder LTX 50th
16 SR Viper RTX (red)
02 SX Viper ER (red)
97 SX Vmax 600 (red)
Replacing the hand grips on the 02 Viper (I know its not a 4 stroker). Is there some type of glue or bonding agent I should be using when installing the new grips. I removed the old ones and there was something used just not sure what. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I have used hair spray to install them and haven't had any problems with the grip coming loose.

I have used hair spray to install them and haven't had any problems with the grip coming loose.

I have done the same as well. Hairspray lubricates going on, and sticks once dry. But not to the point that you can't get the grip off again if needed down the road.

Good luck!

use paint all the time on atv and wr grips.

Hair spray sounds like the ticket, spray paint is not a bad option either. Using air is a nice tip too! Thanks for the advice guys.

I used grip tape on my Ski-Doo Rev 800. The stock grips got so hot they spun on the bars and broke the elements. I put new heater elements on and then used this grip tape. It worked much better than I was expecting and was much easier to install than grips. More comfortable too. And it held up for 2,000 miles, then I sold the sled. For $20 you can’t go wrong.

http://www.rsiracing.com/GEL-GRIP-WRAP-GRIPS_p_25.html

Last edited:

Back