• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand guard bracket

drunkenrich

Expert
I broke my right hand guard bracket today jumping like an idiot, they are $32 at my local shop, anyone have a spare on here they are will to sell cheaper? It is the stock bracket that holds the stock hand guard to the handlebars, right side if you are sitting on the sled, I have an 09 xtx, thanks

I had mine welded several times, until i got tired of them breaking all the time and got rid of them.

The point is, you can weld them. It works pretty good. ;)!

I have welded my several times (stick). There is very little material on either side of the front bolt hole (you broke the aluminum bracket not the plastic gard).

I lost mine on my trailer driving down the road. It broke right where the bolt attaches to handle bar :o| So now lookin at what after market style to put back on on????

X2 Dimebag

Skinz soft protectors are the way I finally went. They deform at high speeds >70mph which is a bit annoying, but normally I'm not at that speed enough to really care.

On the bracket welding, yes they weld really well. I bought a piece of 3/8" x 3/4" aluminum flat bar from Fastenal and was able to weld it to the remaining arm and then I tapped two new holes. I used wire feed mig and it worked well.

The problem with these hand guard brackets is they suck. A roll will break them, a tree hit will break them, they are simply too thin where the holes are threaded thru, and there is no give in the system. I fixed mine 3 times and finally gave up.

With the skinz guards, they are pretty big so you get excellent wind coverage, and because they are a soft shell, there are no parts to break.

OTM

Back