• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand guards

Jeffz

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX 40th
2007 Phazer "RTX"
Whats everyone running for hand guards? I had an unknown brand on mine that worked great until my dad rolled my sled. I'm not shelling out $70+ on OEM guards and I looked at the RSI's and they have the same mount system as the cheap knock-offs I tried unsuccessfully fitting this weekend. The RSI style ones don't mount over far enough, and the mounts just look cheap. I borrowed some Cortech? brand from my buddy's AC (because he won't be using them until his new track shows up) and they were great, but I can't find a website or anything for them. Any help/opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

i like the acerbis ones that came on the older ski-doo's they had kinda like a rubber mount that u can bend and twist wherever u want they never brake

Skins heat lok pro series, by far the warmest, most durable hand guards I've used. Mount with velcro and flexible so roll overs don't hurt them. They are excellent. $45-50 bucks too, so cheaper than most.

Acerbis Rally 2's. They're all plastic wrap arounds that are still flexible in extreme cold. The Powermadds seem to get pretty brittle in the cold (not good for rollovers) but do a great job keeping your hands warm.

snomaniac said:
Skins heat lok pro series, by far the warmest, most durable hand guards I've used. Mount with velcro and flexible so roll overs don't hurt them. They are excellent. $45-50 bucks too, so cheaper than most.

I have used the stock one's since new, but this year I went to the skinz ones. I really like them so far no issues and they keep my hands nice and warm.

Ordered the Skinz Pro Series. Thanks everyone!

I got the power madds with the extentions, well... only one extention right now, I lost one when I was out playing around one day no clue where it went

Anywho, they work great and I love them

Joe

Back