• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand warmer ????

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
Has any one ever removed hand warmers from one set of bars to a new set?
Any pointer or tricks?

never did heated grips but on a dirt bike air pressure works great to slide them off---some sled grips have a rivet in place too along with the glue--Tod

I warm up the grips in hot water and do the air trick on them. It usually works.
The elements are a little tougher to do as they are adhered on the bars. Again hot water to help loosen the adhesive. Find an edge and slowly start peeling them off a bit at a time. Keep dipping them in hot water as you go . The softer the adhesive the easier it will be.
Be prepared tho to buy new grips and elements. It sometimes does not work as well as you would like. Dealers sell the RSI/Yamaha kit for about 100 bucks.

I warm up the grips in hot water and do the air trick on them. It usually works.
The elements are a little tougher to do as they are adhered on the bars. Again hot water to help loosen the adhesive. Find an edge and slowly start peeling them off a bit at a time. Keep dipping them in hot water as you go . The softer the adhesive the easier it will be.
Be prepared tho to buy new grips and elements. It sometimes does not work as well as you would like. Dealers sell the RSI/Yamaha kit for about 100 bucks.
Thanks for the tip.

Back