• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

handlebar height question

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
i have an attak and i do mostly trail riding but i do love goin off trail occasionally. i am thinking about putting at least a 2 inch riser on my sled and was wondering if anyone finds this more comfortable/uncomfortable while sitting or standing?? just wonderin

I raised min close to 7 or 8 inches. I really like it for off trail. Mines a warrior but same basic sled. Maxdlx

I put a power madd iso-vibe on mine. Raised handle bars 1 3/4 inch. I found it a little strange having the bars that high when sitting. After a few miles, it's become second nature to me. My arms are never tired when going through the twisties. I can still lean hard into corners, so to answer your question. No, I find there is no ill effects to riding sitting down with my bars raised.

mine also raised high with rox riser. i'm 6 ft tall can stand and ride comfortable. took a few rides to get used to the seated position with high bars, but now it's fine.

I just put an Apex Mountain riser on mine. Only added about 1.5 inches but it was all I needed to keep from bending over when standing up. Sit down ride is fine. What you add is all relative to your height.

No stock cables are fine. The mountain cable is the same as the regular one according to part numbers. I've heard of guys using 3 inch risers with the stock cables

APEXgtANDaBANSHEE said:
with the mountain riser did u need longer cables? how high can i go with the stock cables?

Don't know about the 08's but on my 06' I did change the throttle cable to the Mtn. one. Some have said you don't have to but did find that the tors was giving some issues if the cable wasn't routed just right. I think the cable was pretty cheap, maybe 26 bucks?

APEXgtANDaBANSHEE said:
are the cables easy to route yourself or not?

As far as routing the stock, just need to take the shortest path to the throttle. If you go the Mtn. cable route (for an 06' I would recomend it) it's a pretty easy change out. Maybe an hour if you take your time and have a few pops during the process.

It is an OEM part you can buy. I think it will cost around 90.00 to buy new. I posted a wanted ad in the classifieds here and got the riser, caps and bolts for 50.00 plus shipping. I didn't need to do anything with my cables. Just took of the old riser and mounted the new one. Took maybe 20 minutes. I like the stock look plus it was where I mounted my GPS so I just needed to drill 2 new holes.

No I don't at the moment. My sled is 300 miles away right now. It looks exactly like the stock setup only higher. If no one else has pics of a similar setup I may be able to get some in a couple of days. My sled is calling me to come out for a ride.

Back