• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone here installed aftermarket Power Steering on their Viper?

blade072

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Vector LTX
I am currently riding a RS Vector with Power Steering. I am thinking about moving up to a Viper and am disappointed that the 2022 non turbo Viper doesn't include Power Steering. Not having ridden a Viper, is power steering necessary? There is an aftermarket Power Steering kit available. Does anyone have experience with this kit?
Thanks for your reply.
Jim

I think GSE Performance makes a power steering unit for the Viper. I have it on my Sidewinder, having power steering is simply awesome...I did have a glitch in it but right now all seems corrected. Good luck if you decide to get EPS.

I have been selling my mechanical power steering kits for several years now and they work extremely well to reduce steering effort.

I have been selling my mechanical power steering kits for several years now and they work extremely well to reduce steering effort.
last weekend I ran into a group of Cat and Yamaha riders on the trail, one of the guys was asking me about steering effort on my sled and after some discussion he pointed out your mechanical power steering on his sled...he said he likes it very much, actually I think you got a salesman up in Millinockett lol..all good and hope you're well Travis. Joe

With the right suspension setup and a set of single-keel skis with Dooley or Double-Down (or similar) dual carbides, I don't think power steering is necessary. They steer very easy.

I dont't understand you guys saying that its needed, some people may need it or just like the lighter feel of the steering. I myself who is in decent shape would love to have some less effort in steering and believe me I have rode some 2 strokes lately that make we want the lighter steering. I have mine as light as I can get it and still have some steering with slim jims. After a 200 mile day it would be nice

i have the tuners with snow trackers on a 16 RTX SE with the QS3 it corners like its on rails on hardpack. Rode my buddies Cat 600 RXC? its the Cross Country version and it had TONS of ski pressure very hard to turn the bars. The front end feels heavier then mine even though its a light 2stroke, SOOOO much is how you set it up.

Back