• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone here run into issues from flashing?

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Just curious if any of you ran into issues from tuning/flashing there sleds?
How many have flashed there sw from new?
I' m still undecided on what vendor to go with they all seem top notch I really like what precision EFI has done with using the gauge.
Anyone know if turbo dynamics or hurricane will come out with a similar gauge option

IMO the factory gauge is really limited as to what info can be displayed. TD also shows boost on gauge, afr on gauge, quick select of tunes using button (if purchased) plus offers all the data logging features when using phone or ipad. My sled has be flashed for thousands of miles without issue.

The Guage option from Precision is a nice option and has given reason for customers to choose Precision EFI flashes.at Hurricane we want people to choose our flashes for the durable power that includes knock protection, multi flash bundle etc. We are now into the code on the cluster to provide boost and afr display so that people can have it all with choosing Hurricane

The Guage option from Precision is a nice option and has given reason for customers to choose Precision EFI flashes.at Hurricane we want people to choose our flashes for the durable power that includes knock protection, multi flash bundle etc. We are now into the code on the cluster to provide boost and afr display so that people can have it all with choosing Hurricane
Does you knock detection lower boost automatically when knock is detected like precision's?

The knock protection system starts by retarding timing as its the quickest way to lessen knock. If the knock can’t be totally eliminated actively by retarding the timing, boost is then lowered to until the knock is eliminated
Awsome thanks for the info!
I am trying to get all the info and options on all 3 vendors
Hurricane
Td
Precision
To make a decision with who I will go with for my spring order!
Since it's a new sled i plan on getting the bundle package! For the first season i plan on running the stock muffler and clutching then get a muffler and clutching to run the bigger tunes

Just curious if any of you ran into issues from tuning/flashing there sleds?
How many have flashed there sw from new?
I' m still undecided on what vendor to go with they all seem top notch I really like what precision EFI has done with using the gauge.
Anyone know if turbo dynamics or hurricane will come out with a similar gauge option
there's a lot of discussion in past threads on flashing - I flashed my '17 with TD tune with zero miles and it was awesome, right up until I crashed the sled. I now have all the TD tunes ready to go on my new '18 LTX and am already flashed, waiting for snow. Lots of us flashed from day 1 with zero problems. There is a ton of info and field testing from TD here on TY and elsewhere, VERY proven - zero engine failures.

Only issue I had was a big grin and having to add longer studs!
Lol!!
How long did you go with studs
I'm thinking 4 per window (2 double backers ) just not sure on length yet?
Thinking 1.50

Ive been boosted since 45 miles. It was nice to try stock and then see how the flash and exhaust really wakes these up. 5500 miles and no issues.
Everyone has their favourites but all are good people imo

So not ONE tune related problem except for Matt's shoulder?

We can extrapolate a few things from this:

1. a lot of guys don't have OUR addiction & won't see this post until fall
2. maybe some are hush hush and vendor loyal so they aren't talking
3. OUR vendors rule!
4. this motor RULES!
5. Matt needs to hit the gym.....maybe some incline bench presses or lateral side raises

So not ONE tune related problem except for Matt's shoulder?

We can extrapolate a few things from this:

1. a lot of guys don't have OUR addiction & won't see this post until fall
2. maybe some are hush hush and vendor loyal so they aren't talking
3. OUR vendors rule!
4. this motor RULES!
5. Matt needs to hit the gym.....maybe some incline bench presses or lateral side raises
I think every one of your extrapolations are accurate and acutely succinct. God it's going to be a long Summer . . .

Seriously thinking about tuning mine now too.

1361 miles on my 18 this season stock(except for Dalton helix and secondary spring). Love the sled. Thinking TD Powertrail and Superquiet muffler if I decide to go the flash route?? Got a long spring and summer to decide lol.

Back