• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone run against a 600 e-tec renegade?

how would the xtx stack up against an apex rtx? I've tried his machine and it seems as if the xtx is way better. the xtx 's motor is just awesome. the rtx just didn't feel like it had 150hp. my nytro felt like it had 150hp. I don't know, maybe it was because his was used alot more than mine. never raced him before. He sat on my xtx while it was idleing and said the throttle response was better than his apex rtx, he never asked to race me, sort of that he might beat me eye going on there.

yeah, mostly fan coolers here too, mainly used for fishing / hunting / travel purposes, just a few yamaha's here, most people would not get yamaha because they claim expensive parts.

My RTX was a bit faster out of the hole and hooked harder Until I pulled the rear strap down one notch. If you're out to race people on a RTX then let the rear strap full out and wheelie all the way. You won't be able to turn on the throttle but it doeas hook harder. Don't know if this is true for the XTX.
J-ROD

Brand loyalty aside? It'll depend on the snow. The softer it is the better your XTX will perform relative to the Etec. In boggy conditions there's no replacement for displacement. On hard snow with good traction? The race will be closer than these guys want to believe. That's assuming a straight line, smooth surface race. If there are turns and bumps? The SkiDoo will eat your lunch.

That's an '09 XTX vs '09 600 Etec Renegade. But what would I know? I have two of each.

I ran XP 800's at the end of last season. Some were close, some I destroyed and were not even close. Only one XP 800 beat me the day I ran, and up to 600 feet or so, I had him, but then he went by about a length or so, but not that much really. I ran an XTX as well, and an Apex, and neither had anything even remotely close that day, but they did well the weekend before (I wasn't there). Put it this way...running against a 600 this season isn't even on my mind.

stewartb said:
Brand loyalty aside? It'll depend on the snow. The softer it is the better your XTX will perform relative to the Etec. In boggy conditions there's no replacement for displacement. On hard snow with good traction? The race will be closer than these guys want to believe. That's assuming a straight line, smooth surface race. If there are turns and bumps? The SkiDoo will eat your lunch.

That's an '09 XTX vs '09 600 Etec Renegade. But what would I know? I have two of each.

with a header,filters and power commander....ur other two will be smelling foursmoke!

Perhaps, but 2-stroke motors are receptive to mods as well. The argument is petty to me. I have little interest in driving as fast as I can in a straight line for a very short distance. Riding involves a lot more than that for me. That's why I parked the XTXs and bought Renegades. The XTX is a nice sled. I hope you enjoy yours.

stewartb said:
Perhaps, but 2-stroke motors are receptive to mods as well. The argument is petty to me. I have little interest in driving as fast as I can in a straight line for a very short distance. Riding involves a lot more than that for me. That's why I parked the XTXs and bought Renegades. The XTX is a nice sled. I hope you enjoy yours.

we agree...riding is more than that to me also...my point is with a bit of care the xtx or any nytro will handle well....is it as good as your renegade...probably not...but to me there other contributing factors that are equal to or superior IMHO and in the territory you are in Im sure miles and miles are easy to accumulate ....wonder which sled can make it to 10,000 miles without catastrophic failure? :4STroke:

Nope. I've always been a fan of the 600 class. All around fun with good reliability and fuel mileage. I had held out for the Nytro crossover for that reason. I've always liked Yamaha. And Polaris. And Ski Doo. Never much of a Cat fan. I just like riding.

Back