• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone tried the bell revolver helmet

Not a good thing

Yes I purchased the revolver for snowmobiling purpose only. 12-25-11
several problems: the double snow shield conversion is to heavy for the helmet mechanism and tends to keep falling down to mid level. Right in the middle of your vision. It will not stay in the up position. They sent me a replacement shield and did the same thing. Bad design of the shield. 2nd: the breath guard magnet on one side is pulling out already and haven't even used it yet. 3rd: I needed to modify the front chin vents (cut out small slots inside) so that the air would blow up across the inside surface of the double shield to help not fog on sub zero days. (I know this from past experience) The breath guard needed to be remolded (heat gun) so you could get a finger or 2 under the front chin bar to press the release button for lifting modular function. I have had to do all these mods and I still have not tried it out yet cause of no snow. Note this is not an electric shield helmet it has the double shield option. Nice looking helmet but definitely cheaply made. I know now why this helmet is being discontinued in 1 yrs time. Hope this helps someone not buy this helmet and consider other options.

Andyracer125 said:
Has anyone tried the bell revolver helmet?

Bell is not the Bell of old, they were once the top of the lone helmet but they are definitely on the bottom now.

The new company (forget their name) that bought them just used their name to get rich.
The last time I checked they were not Snell rated, ECE rated and not even DOT rated?
How do you sell a helmet that is not DOT rated.

Their garbage, stay away!

Back