• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has someone tested against the Doo E-Tec ?

Stigapex

Suspended
Hello
I'm very curios in how well the E-tec 800, will do against the new Apex.
I was testing against a Summit Freeride 800 E-tec, 2011, with my XTX, and the Summit was maybe a little faster up to 300 ft, but from that the XTX was faster. I have 160 miles, max 10100 RPM. The Summit had 230 miles.

Have someone tested against the MXZ E-tec or the Renegade E-Tec ?

Also I did some GPS testing against the speedo, Speedo shows 150 KMH, GPS said 148 KMH. Speedo shows 110 KMH, GPS said 108 KMH. That 2 KMH or a little over 1 MPH in difference.

moved this here. You could read through this "head to head" forum and probably find what your looking for.

yes I own one...90 miles and its at the very least faster than a completely modded rtx se (no boost)..all while in break in mode and finding out after the belt deflection was off...

IMHO it should walk from a 06-10 apex until the apex gets modded at least til 100 then its just a matter of time..

I have a friend with a 09 Apex LTX and was playing with a 2011 E-tec Renegade. Could walk him low, mid and top. The Ski Doo boy even admitted the Apex was all around faster. The doo should be faster with 167 H.P and is much lighter, maybe they will give us trouble when they break in!!

just out riding with an 11 800 e tek. wide open on the lake,i wave bye-bye. couple mph on top. another bud with a 10.5 800 e tek joins us. same results. they will kick my azz drag racing, but being in front for a quarter mile on a 100 mile day dont cut it with me. guess my 136 rx with over 9000 miles is still enough to stay out front. at least 150 lbs heavier and down 24hp, makes me wonder about power to the ground. last years p tek was faster.

grader said:
just out riding with an 11 800 e tek. wide open on the lake,i wave bye-bye. couple mph on top. another bud with a 10.5 800 e tek joins us. same results. they will kick my azz drag racing, but being in front for a quarter mile on a 100 mile day dont cut it with me. guess my 136 rx with over 9000 miles is still enough to stay out front. at least 150 lbs heavier and down 24hp, makes me wonder about power to the ground. last years p tek was faster.

break in mode and belt choice and adjustment is key to them...no doubt an apex will outrun on the big end and outlast...wait til he's broke in and setup and you get in the woods...you probably wont see his tailight...lol

break in is done, 700 plus miles on them. as for leaving me in the woods, no problem. i ride safely and to conditions, and usually faster than i should allready. i live on a lake with over 3000 miles of shoreline and around here the trails just join the lakes, and that is where the yamis shine.

Ive owned BOTH and I can tell you based on just the break in mode the only place the 4 holer bests the properly setup well tuned etec is the very top...but theres always champs and turds in each group...or race for that matter..

you just said what i first posted. i beat them on top. as for the ONLY thing the 4 holer bests them at, ill check the mpg figures later in the year to see how they do. they also burn oil, so i guess i beat them there too. and if we crush both sleds into a cube and sell them for scrap, my check will be bigger to.

grader said:
you just said what i first posted. i beat them on top. as for the ONLY thing the 4 holer bests them at, ill check the mpg figures later in the year to see how they do. they also burn oil, so i guess i beat them there too. and if we crush both sleds into a cube and sell them for scrap, my check will be bigger to.

:jump:

grader said:

LOL! That made my night!

I think I'd rather buy oil and just dump it in, than have to take the sled apart and change the oil. I have 3 vehicles, and over 12 tractors I have to change the oil on...1 less vehicle is fine by me.

I get the about the same mileage on my 800 etec as I did on my 09 nytro. But I get way better gas mileage than my buddy riding his Attak. But my buddy isn't normal.

but farmer our motors are like a bic razor...theyre disposable...lol

I cant stand the smell of brps oil!

I agree, this brp synthetic oil stinks, and burns my eyes. My dealer gave me the OK to switch to Amsoil Interceptor, and he said he OK'd it with brp. I guess amsoil meets the "standards" or whatever, so there isn't much they can do about it.

I don't know if I'll switch or not. Good chance its gonna blow up eventually and I don't need to give brp any reason to try to get out of giving me a new motor.

Have you looked into Ipone oil? http://www.ipone.fr/EN/2-stroke,products-3

Supposed to be ok to use in etecs, and smells like strawberrys! I guess it does actually smell pretty good though from what I've read. Can get a case on ebay for like $37 a gallon I think

Ipone

Ive used Ipone in my ZR800 that I turned into a 1000cc. Great oil and it does really smell like strawberry's!! I made the switch from Amsoil Dominator to Ipone and couldnt be happier. Thats a pretty could price also.

Back