• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has someone tested against the Doo E-Tec ?

grader said:
you just said what i first posted. i beat them on top. as for the ONLY thing the 4 holer bests them at, ill check the mpg figures later in the year to see how they do. they also burn oil, so i guess i beat them there too. and if we crush both sleds into a cube and sell them for scrap, my check will be bigger to.

:jump:

Some of the etecs maybe faster but every time you start it you worry ...is today the day she blows up... Meanwhile my 4 still going strong ,

Old post.......I bought my Attak GT used Feb. 2014 and rode it 5 years. Just sold it this week and moved to a SW. I don't like studding but the first thing I noticed was how the stock Ripsaw track didn't hook up the best. I ended up putting on a Ripsaw II and it was worlds better. At the time my buddy had a 2008 Apex LTX GT Anniv. model with a Cobra track and a Proline clutch kit. His would waste mine from start to finish quite decisively. The previous owner of my sled was an easy rider and it was all stock. From his constant throttle speeds of 50-55 mph it had left a groove on the primary clutch face, I had it machined out and also installed a Proline kit.

Now my sled suddenly gave fits to the Apex LTX.....seemed a bit faster on top too. The clutch machining seemed to help the belt really grip and mine had many more miles so the motor was broke in better. From that point on, my sled ran like a scalded dog. No 800 of any sort was even a race after that. IMHO this Proline clutch kit with good traction on these is worth it's weight in gold. Works great on the trail and on the lake. I am going to miss that sled!!

Guess who told us about that clutch setup? Knappattack!!

Back