• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

YAWN....Cat is making a big to do out of some minor changes and name changes and pumping it up using the media, most of Cats changes were just sitting on the shelf out back, they just wiped the dust off and repainted, no mention though of the 7000 series. :rofl:

There was no 7000 for 2020 I didn't expect them to bring it back.

Maybe Cat with this early release is trying to put a push on to sell as many of the old pro cross chassis cheaply as they can with some new gimmicks and color schemes before the release of a new chassis to their line up in November or could a all new Jap design chassis just be coming for Yamaha, maybe Cat and Yamaha have finally parted ways. :dunno:

Ya maybe a revised delta box, you don't get it 20\80 Yamaha has never been able to build a competitive chassis on there own.

Good to see more to come from cat.I doubt they would release everything this early so im sure theres more to come this spring and hopefully from Yamaha too.Nice sleds.

At least we know they are alive and kicking. Now if they could just fix all the ProCross flaws at the factory level rather than making the consumer do it. That said I think I'd still spring for a new T-Cat and fix its factory flaws perhaps. Interested to see what Doo does to amp up and fix the 900t too though.

Ya maybe a revised delta box, you don't get it 20\80 Yamaha has never been able to build a competitive chassis on there own.
Yep, I don't see Yamaha ever coming out with an all-Japan chassis again. Even if they ever do something on their own(which I doubt), it will be done the good old USA, or possibly even Canada.

YAWN....Cat is making a big to do out of some minor changes and name changes and pumping it up using the media, most of Cats changes were just sitting on the shelf out back, they just wiped the dust off and repainted, no mention though of the 7000 series. :rofl:
Sort of like ""YAMAHA'S"" 2020 lineup huh? With the exception of the new skinned Viper!! I wouldn't bash Cat to much, Textron basically has them treading water at this point. But are very own beloved Yamaha has been ""PHONING IT IN"" for years now!!!!

Sort of like ""YAMAHA'S"" 2020 lineup huh? With the exception of the new skinned Viper!! I wouldn't bash Cat to much, Textron basically has them treading water at this point. But are very own beloved Yamaha has been ""PHONING IT IN"" for years now!!!!
Yamaha does have a line up they only have 3 sleds, Venture TF, VK Pro, VK540, Cat offers the rest Yamaha just paints them blue.

I hope they do, maybe I don't get it but I hate to break this to you... you have been riding a Cat sense 2014, even though it has Yamaha stickers on it some realized it was a Cat right away, green is a nice color.

I can kind of understand the disappointment with the Yama-Cat, but not the hate for Cat.
I work for Toyota, have for 30 years. I have owned 4 Supra's of different years over that time. When they said they where coming out with a new Supra I thought " Awesome!! About time!!" When it was announced as being co-developed with BMW and using their chassis I said " WHAT!! WHY???"
They also build the BRZ with Subaru and the Yaris with Mazda. All lower sellers.
Now we all know Toyota has the money, the knowledge and the power to build a proper Supra, or any car they want for that matter. Why take on BMW as a partner? Money. Why dedicate a production line to lower production cars when those lines can be cranking out Camrys and Rav4s. Those other companies already have lines dedicated to those models so they partner with them.
Why would Yamaha open their own production line when they are perfectly happy to use Cats chassis? Money.
Do I like that the new Supra is a BMW? No. Not when I know that Toyota have the resources to do it themselves as good or better when they want to.
BUT is it better than NO Supra at all? I guess so....but that doesn't mean I hate BMW either. Plus it IS a good car, as much as I wish it was pure Toyota

Do I like that the new Yamaha is mostly CAT? No, but that doesn't mean I hate Cat. Also it is a pretty good sled and is better than NO Yamaha sled at all.....even though we all know Yamaha could do it themselves if they WANTED to.
In the end it all comes down to money. Lower production units, be it cars or sleds, are not worth the full investment of money and resources to some of these bigger companies.
I guess lets be happy we have something, cause it is better than nothing. At this point without Cat, there are no Yamaha sleds.....

I can kind of understand the disappointment with the Yama-Cat, but not the hate for Cat.
I work for Toyota, have for 30 years. I have owned 4 Supra's of different years over that time. When they said they where coming out with a new Supra I thought " Awesome!! About time!!" When it was announced as being co-developed with BMW and using their chassis I said " WHAT!! WHY???"
They also build the BRZ with Subaru and the Yaris with Mazda. All lower sellers.
Now we all know Toyota has the money, the knowledge and the power to build a proper Supra, or any car they want for that matter. Why take on BMW as a partner? Money. Why dedicate a production line to lower production cars when those lines can be cranking out Camrys and Rav4s. Those other companies already have lines dedicated to those models so they partner with them.
Why would Yamaha open their own production line when they are perfectly happy to use Cats chassis? Money.
Do I like that the new Supra is a BMW? No. Not when I know that Toyota have the resources to do it themselves as good or better when they want to.
BUT is it better than NO Supra at all? I guess so....but that doesn't mean I hate BMW either. Plus it IS a good car, as much as I wish it was pure Toyota

Do I like that the new Yamaha is mostly CAT? No, but that doesn't mean I hate Cat. Also it is a pretty good sled and is better than NO Yamaha sled at all.....even though we all know Yamaha could do it themselves if they WANTED to.
In the end it all comes down to money. Lower production units, be it cars or sleds, are not worth the full investment of money and resources to some of these bigger companies.
I guess lets be happy we have something, cause it is better than nothing. At this point without Cat, there are no Yamaha sleds.....
Well said and well put STAIN! I've been saying basically the same thing, just not as eloquently! And getting bashed for it the last few years by the blue goggle crew! Yamaha has hitched there wagon to ""CAT""Period. What happens to ""CAT"" happens to ""YAMAHA"" Period. And I won't mince words here. Yamaha will never come out with an all new designed and built in Japan sled of there own ""PERIOD"". I admire the passion of the members here to Yamaha, but in the world of big business the bean counters rule the roost! With there 4%or 5% market share there's no way no how they are going to invest millions in new snowmobile development! That being said, if they were to come out with a new sled. O'h lets say, the cross plane 4 cylinder,180+hp, planetary drive, rear exhaust, tube frame, carbon fiber panels and on the fly adjustable suspension! Well then, after my hot steaming plate of ""CROW""! I'd be hot footing it down to the Yamaha dealer with my deposit on ""THAT"" sled!

Back