• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlight assembly help!

Jonesynl

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Apex MTX SE
I'm new to the apex sence, and I like to do all my own work and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with fixing the tabs for the headlight assembly without paying over 300$ for a new one? Was thinking maybe two little aluminum brackets pop riveted into the assembly and just bolted into the original mounts?

I have developed a $30 repair kit for headlights with broken mounting tabs. Been so busy haven't been able to promote them or get them on website yet.

Just started a thread in the apex forum. Check it out for information. The kit is available for $30

I'm new to the apex sence, and I like to do all my own work and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with fixing the tabs for the headlight assembly without paying over 300$ for a new one? Was thinking maybe two little aluminum brackets pop riveted into the assembly and just bolted into the original mounts?
I drilled a couple a holes in the plastic near the broken tabs, above each other, then used quality tye wraps thru the holes and around the metal tab where the bolts would normally attach to. Sucked it up tight after everything thing else all snapped back together. Been running that for 5 years now and I have close to 9000 miles on my Mountain Apex. Just keep extra tye wraps in case you need to pull the pod off. Works well and much cheaper.

I drilled a couple a holes in the plastic near the broken tabs, above each other, then used quality tye wraps thru the holes and around the metal tab where the bolts would normally attach to. Sucked it up tight after everything thing else all snapped back together. Been running that for 5 years now and I have close to 9000 miles on my Mountain Apex. Just keep extra tye wraps in case you need to pull the pod off. Works well and much cheaper.
Thanks for the reply, will have to look into doing something like that.

Yamahas design on the headlight pod is total crap. I don't know how many of them I busted and fixed. All of my buddies would roll their sleds out of a stuck,...not me unless I was prepaired to fix the headlights .....again.

I replaced my headlight the first time I broke the tabs. Promptly broke them on the new headlight. I've been zip tieing for 5 years, 4000kms.

Back