• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlight delete Viper

Norse

Pro
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2013 Arctic Cat M1100 HCR 162"
Boondocker turbo 250HP(sold)

2016 Yamaha SR Viper MTX LE 162"
MCXpress 270HP, lots of mods (sold)

2021 Arctic Cat M8000 Hardcore Alpha 155"
N/A (sold)

2023 Yamaha SW MTX LE 153"
M&M Racing 270HP, mods to come
I'm looking to remove my headlight and use LED bar instead. Is it possible to remove the headlight, then lower the instrument panel?

Example:
Headlight delete.jpg

It has been done a lot of times. I don't think there is a kit to buy. But you maybe able to find someone who did it and ask. I was also considering it.

Thanks! I'll get in contact with them.

As I look at the headlight deleted sled in the above photos I start to wonder, what will happen when I am on the trail looking for that signature headlight thru the trees and bushes. Will I realize the type of light that is coming at me is a sled? Will I be able to see the sled and small light during the day? Unless your racing your sled or mostly off trail I can't come up with a good reason to remove the headlight. The headlight is a great safety device and is usually the first thing I see when meeting a sled on a corner and I'm sure the other sleds see mine.
I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand why riders want to remove there headlight.

As I look at the headlight deleted sled in the above photos I start to wonder, what will happen when I am on the trail looking for that signature headlight thru the trees and bushes. Will I realize the type of light that is coming at me is a sled? Will I be able to see the sled and small light during the day? Unless your racing your sled or mostly off trail I can't come up with a good reason to remove the headlight. The headlight is a great safety device and is usually the first thing I see when meeting a sled on a corner and I'm sure the other sleds see mine.
I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand why riders want to remove there headlight.

Mountain riders like them because of weight loss.
Myself removed to have a different sled than anyone else plus I never ride at night anymore, When younger yes just not for me anymore.

I'm tired of the headlight constantly getting covered in snow. I'll have to stop and lean over/walk around to clean it off. The stock light is terrible, so I'll fit an LED bar instead. I want to shave weight off it, and another good thing is the enhanced cooling.

I get the cosmetic thing and the cool factor. Not sure about the headlight covered with snow issue. Any fixture, OEM or after market, placed on the front of a snowmobile is probably going to become snow-covered from time to time.
Being safe is and should always be the priority. Day or night riding, being able to see the on-coming headlight is something we all take for granted.
Have fun and enjoy the ride safely.

Back