• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated Gloves for riding in extreme cold?

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Anyone try using the battery operated heated gloves when it sub zero temps?
I'm missing the tip of my middle finger on right hand, and no matter what I do i have issues in colder temps. So for next year planning to try heated gloves on cold mornings and days.. Wondering if anyone tried this.
Thanks

Bought my wife Fly heated gloves and she really likes them. Cant say for sub zero temps she hasn’t been out.

I use Warm and Safe motorcycle heated 7.4 volt glove liners, socks and base layer shirt. they can be powered by the sleds 12volt system or independent 7.4 volt batteries. I use the independent batteries in a small hip pack so I am not wired to the sled. the batteries are light and about the size of a paperback book. I use the 7800 mAH batteries and they run my heated gear for the day. I also use the same heated gear while down hill skiing.

7.4V Heat Layer Products – Warm & Safe Heated Gear (warmnsafe.com)

Bought my wife Fly heated gloves and she really likes them. Cant say for sub zero temps she hasn’t been out.
I see they offer 2 models.. Both look good.. Any idea how long the battery last? So the battery goes in where on them/
Thanks bleedyamaha

I use Warm and Safe motorcycle heated 7.4 volt glove liners, socks and base layer shirt. they can be powered by the sleds 12volt system or independent 7.4 volt batteries. I use the independent batteries in a small hip pack so I am not wired to the sled. the batteries are light and about the size of a paperback book. I use the 7800 mAH batteries and they run my heated gear for the day. I also use the same heated gear while down hill skiing.

7.4V Heat Layer Products – Warm & Safe Heated Gear (warmnsafe.com)
Very cool! Do you find the wires get in your way like around your wrist? I really like the idea of the heated liner that this site offers..
thanks for link!

Very cool! Do you find the wires get in your way like around your wrist? I really like the idea of the heated liner that this site offers..
thanks for link!

getting wired up takes some time to get a personal system down. my glove liners plug into the base layer sleeves. they can also be wire independent of the shirt. I don't have any trouble with the wires in either case. where possible I run the wires under my clothing.

Warm and Safe makes great gear..... I have been using their heated gear for many years on motorcycles, skiing and sledding

battery life is the issue with independent cuff mounted small batteries.
Yes. I like the site you linked and will go with the liners and the battery pack.. Seems like a better option to me.. And its not as though i need these every ride and or all day on a ride.. put the battery pack inside pocket of jacket?

Suppose to last 8 hours. There is a low and high and off button. Battery goes in the the sleeve through the zipper
0BCBCF90-51FA-4B82-BE21-2D16518E7C8D.jpeg
77E8964B-FDDF-4FD2-A9EE-736C515BFABB.jpeg

I got my wife a set since the hand warmers on her PO Pro s suck. Aluminum handlebars suck out heat. Not sure of the brand. She puts them on hi for a half hour then right to low. They last almost 8 hours like that. No more bitching.

Jon, I know this isn't what you asked for, but I'm now using Klim gauntlets and I will never look back. Only glove I wear now is a liner type. In the sub zero temperatures a couple of weeks ago, there were times I still had to shut my handwarmers off. Believe me, I've tried a ton of different types and brands of gloves (and wasted a lot of $) because of cold hand issues. Don't know why I didn't listen to people years ago. Might not look as cool as regular handguards, but I'd rather be comfortable than cool. The Klim ones aren't bad looking either. Will end up costing you less than an expensive pair of gloves as well.

will second the gauntlets.weekend of feb 12-15, was below 0 degree saint germain area all weekend.used gauntlets first time in forty years of riding.with rocks yamaheaters had hand warmers on low with light gloves. thumb warmer had on lowest setting and still burned my thumb on occasion.got the kind of gauntlets with windows on top to see controls.why did i wait so long to use these ? was able to get couple of 200 mile days in easy.

Back