• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated grip control sucks

ChiefMn

Veteran
I hate having to scroll all the way thru the settings to turn the warmers down.Anybody got a fix?
2008 Nytro RTX

Lol... Nope. I thought the same thing first time I used it and if you go one press too far around the barn again!

Yeah I know what you mean. The Phazer I had before I picked up my 08' Nytro has the same set up for the heated grips. You could look at installing a Yamaheater and then talk with Rock about adding a switch. The original or very first Yamaheaters Rock put out had a master toggle switch. So you could keep the grip control at full Yamaheater hot then turn them off with the toggle switch. So you would alternate between super low heat and Yamaheater full hot heat. I am sure Rock could come up with something like this if it makes any sense? G.B.

I guess that is what mine has. I set yamaha heat level when cold flip up toggle, when warmed up flip toggle down as I recall. There is a red green led too I think... Forgot already how it works... Lol... Winter is coming : )

I have a set of dial controls off my old 03 Viper. Often thought about wiring those in and leave the factories on high. Just scared I may ruin something. Anyone try something like that?

Could you use the controls off an RX? Mine had what looked like the exact same switch but had one for the grip and one for the thumb and you could go up and down. Heck the Nytro handlebar switch housing on the opposite side even looks like it has a knock out for the toggle.

I guess that is what mine has. I set yamaha heat level when cold flip up toggle, when warmed up flip toggle down as I recall. There is a red green led too I think... Forgot already how it works... Lol... Winter is coming : )
Yep, you have the very first generation Yamaheater on your sled. That's great to see it still in use and working. G.B.

I hate having to scroll all the way thru the settings to turn the warmers down.Anybody got a fix?
2008 Nytro RTX
I run at 1 bar short of full, seem to work better.

Back