• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heavy hitters for attak

has anyone tested the heavy hitters insted of the stock clutch weights. can sombody give me a base line, was thinking to try hh with the stock setup just for fun.

I had it in my attak with something similar in the secondary. Didn,t have a time machine handy to go back in time & race myself before changes....sorry!

barto said:
What is the weight of the Heavy Hitters to start with? I think the ones I have from my Viper are like 48 grams.

They are the same. Base weight is in the 48 range give or take a few tenths. It should be marked on the inside of the HH instruction book that comes with the weights...BBY

Yes, mine are 48 gram...I want to know what weight the heavy hitters were in the setup given above:

1/4 & 3/4 allen in heel
4.2 gram bolt & thick washer inner hole
4.2 gram bolt in tip.

They make heavier weights than 48.

Question for Turk or anybody else that's tried them: How well does Hammer Time weights work?

I have had hc,s explode in my clutch at 100 mph & take out both my clutches; side panel & belt guard. It was a lot of my own stupidity tho for using an older belt for speed runs. I had a bud grenade a belt at 110 mph on a turbo RX-1 using hh,s & had absolutely no issues other then spending an hour cleaning out belt debris before replacing the belt & continuing riding. I won,t use hc,s for trail riding even tho the chances of issues happening are slim but I swear by em for racing.

Turk what do you reccommend for trail riding? I'm riding an 07 attak. I ride slow when I'm with my kids, and aggressively with the boys, but I don't want something that's shifting up and down while I'm cruising with the kids. Is there something better than stock that would be suitable? Thanks

Heavy hitters or supertips would work. I have only clutched one sled with supertips(turbo vector) but clutched a lot of sleds with hh,s. They both will be fine & should have no issues if you blow a belt.

Turk,

For a new (leftover) '07 ATTAK, like red rider, is simply a change in clutch weights sufficient, or should a clutch kit/gearing and chain change such as Ulmer's be considered?

Thanks

Back