• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helix angle change and effect on RPM

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
When you are clutching a sled and changing helix's... What can you expect for RPM change based on degrees changed?

For example... Let's say the shift out is good and I am using the stock 51/43 helix. If I changed to a 51/40 how much would I expect RPM's to lower on the big end if everything else was the same? I realize there is not an exact answer.. I am just looking for a general idea. I have always messed with the weights, but not as much with the Helix side of things.

Going to less cam on the big end will increase RPM. Lots of variables but I would guess 2-300 RPM ? Maybe not that much? Remember cam angles can vary from vender to vender! Making a small change I would get the cam from the same vender. Are you running out of tunability or balance with the weight's?

Generally 1 degree was 200 RPM, but each sled may be different. Only way to be sure is try it.

Back